The QN85C, also known as the QN85CD, is the most affordable 2023 Neo QLED from Samsung. If you have this model and would like to hang it up on a wall, then you can check out this mounting bracket compatibility guide from Seeking Tech.
QN85C Screen Sizes
This article will cover all four screen sizes from the QN85C, including the following:
- 55″ Class QN85C Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV (Model Number: QN55QN85CAF or QN55QN85CAFXZA)
- 65″ Class QN85C Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV (Model Number: QN65QN85CAF or QN65QN85CAFXZA)
- 75″ Class QN85C Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV (Model Number: QN75QN85CAF or QN75QN85CAFXZA)
- 85″ Class QN85C Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV (Model Number: QN85QN85CAF or QN85QN85CAFXZA)
QN85C Dimensions (without Stand)
To start off, you may need to clear up space on your wall if you haven’t done so already. Keep in mind that, if you have a dry wall, then you can only screw in the mounting bracket in areas that are supported by studs. You may have to get yourself a stud finder in order to identify these locations.
If you would like to get a full motion mount that can extend your QN85C outwards and/or swivel it to the sides, then you should make sure you leave some open-air space in the surrounding area to accommodate for these movements.
You can find the dimensions of each screen size, without the inclusion of the stand as you don’t need to use it, below:
Dimensions without Stand (in inches):
- 55” QN85C: 48.3 inches x 27.8 inches x 1.1 inch
- 65” QN85C: 56.9 inches x 32.6 inches x 1.1 inch
- 75” QN85C: 65.7 inches x 37.7 inches x 1.1 inch
- 85” QN85C: 74.5 inches x 42.6 inches x 1.1 inch
Dimensions without Stand (in millimeters):
- 55” QN85C: 1227 mm x 706 mm x 28 mm
- 65” QN85C: 1445 mm x 828 mm x 28 mm
- 75” QN85C: 1669 mm x 958 mm x 28 mm
- 85” QN85C: 1892 mm x 1082 mm x 28 mm
Dimensions without Stand (in centimeters):
- 55” QN85C: 122.7 cm x 70.6 cm x 2.8 cm
- 65” QN85C: 144.5 cm x 82.8 cm x 2.8 cm
- 75” QN85C: 166.9 cm x 95.8 cm x 2.8 cm
- 85” QN85C: 189.2 cm x 108.2 cm x 2.8 cm
QN85C Weight (without Stand)
Wall mounts have a listed weight capacity limit. If it is exceeded, then the bracket could end up breaking apart, which could cause your QN85C to come crashing down.
Thus, you should make sure that you get a product that can handle your TV weight. While the 55-inch and 65-inch models should be fine, the 75-inch and 85-inch iterations require stronger mounts.
You can find the weight specs for each screen size below:
Weight without Stand (in pounds):
- 55” QN85C: 37.9 lbs.
- 65” QN85C: 52.2 lbs.
- 75” QN85C: 75.0 lbs.
- 85” QN85C: 94.1 lbs.
Weight without Stand (in kilograms):
- 55” QN85C: 17.2 kg
- 65” QN85C: 23.7 kg
- 75” QN85C: 34.0 kg
- 85” QN85C: 42.7 kg
QN85C VESA Mounting Pattern
The VESA Mounting Pattern measures the four screw holes that you see on the backside of your QN85C. You need these to attach the screen to the front-facing part of the wall mount.
You can find the measurements, displayed as horizontal x vertical, below:
- 55” QN85C: 200 mm x 200 mm
- 65” QN85C: 400 mm x 300 mm
- 75” QN85C: 400 mm x 400 mm
- 85” QN85C: 600 mm x 400 mm
QN85C Mounting Screw Size
The Samsung QN85C series uses the M8 screw size at a depth of 11 mm to 13 mm.
What wall mounts are compatible with the Samsung QN85C and QN85CD?
When picking a wall mount for your QN85C or QN85CD, you need to make sure that it is able to hold the weight of your screen size. The 55-inch (at 37.9 pounds) and 65-inch (at 52.2 pounds) versions should be fine. With the 75-inch (at 75 pounds) and 85-inch (at 94.1 pounds) iterations, your options are more limited.
Furthermore, the mount must support the VESA Mounting Pattern. The 55-inch (200 mm x 200 mm), 65-inch (400 mm x 300 mm), 75-inch (400 mm x 400 mm) and 85-inch (600 mm x 400 mm) models all have different patterns. So, make sure that the wall mount matches your specific screen size.
If you are looking for specific fixed, tilting and full motion wall mounts that is compatible with the QN85C, then you can check out our buyer’s guide.