If you got yourself the Sony A80L, or A80CL, and would like to put it up on a wall, then you can check out this compatibility guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can find a suitable mounting bracket.
This guide should cover all four available screen sizes of the A80L series, which includes the following models:
- Sony BRAVIA XR 55” Class A80L OLED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-55A80L or XR-55A80CL)
- Sony BRAVIA XR 65” Class A80L OLED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-65A80L or XR-65A80CL)
- Sony BRAVIA XR 77” Class A80L OLED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-77A80L or XR-77A80CL)
- Sony BRAVIA XR 83” Class A80L OLED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-83A80L or XR-83A80CL)
Dimensions (without Stand)
To start off, make sure you clear up enough space on your wall to accommodate for your A80L. If you have a dry wall, then you can only screw in the wall mount to areas that are supported with studs. To find these, you may need to use a stud finder.
If you want to extend your Sony OLED outwards and/or rotate it side to side, then you should make sure that you leave enough free air space around the TV as well.
You can find the dimensions of all four screen sizes measured in inches, millimeters and centimeters below:
Dimensions without Stand (in inches):
- 55” A80L: 48.4 inches x 28.1 inches x 2.1 inches
- 65” A80L: 57.1 inches x 33.0 inches x 2.1 inches
- 77” A80L: 67.9 inches x 39.4 inches x 2.3 inches
- 84” A80L: 72.9 inches x 42.1 inches x 2.1 inches
Dimensions without Stand (in millimeters):
- 55” A80L: 1227 mm x 712 mm x 53 mm
- 65” A80L: 1448 mm x 836 mm x 53 mm
- 77” A80L: 1722 mm x 998 mm x 54 mm
- 84” A80L: 1850 mm x 1067 mm x 53 mm
Dimensions without Stand (in centimeters):
- 55” A80L: 122.7 cm x 71.2 cm x 5.3 cm
- 65” A80L: 144.8 cm x 83.6 cm x 5.3 cm
- 77” A80L: 172.2 cm x 99.8 cm x 5.4 cm
- 84” A80L: 185.0 cm x 106.7 cm x 5.3 cm
Weight (without Stand)
Each wall mount has a weight capacity limit. If your A80L exceeds the listed maximum, then the mounting bracket may break, causing your TV to come crashing down on the floor. Therefore, it is important that you pay attention to the weight of your screen, especially if you have either of the two bigger models.
You can find the weight specifications, measured in pounds and kilograms, below:
Weight without Stand (in pounds):
- 55” A80L: 39.5 lbs.
- 65” A80L: 51.4 lbs.
- 77” A80L: 76.7 lbs.
- 84” A80L: 92.6 lbs.
Weight without Stand (in kilograms):
- 55” A80L: 17.9 kg
- 65” A80L: 23.3kg
- 77” A80L: 34.8 kg
- 84” A80L: 42.0 kg
VESA Mounting Pattern
When you look at the back of your Sony A80L, you should see screw holes, which is needed to install the mounting bracket to the television set. The horizontal and vertical distances of these holes are known as the VESA Mounting Pattern.
You can check out the pattern for each set, which is measured in millimeters, below:
- 55” A80L: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 65” A80L: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 77” A80L: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 84” A80L: 400 mm x 400 mm
What wall mounts are compatible with the Sony A80L and A80LC?
The two main factors you should pay attention to when picking the wall mount for your A80L or A80CL are your TV weight (without the inclusion of the stand) and VESA Mounting Pattern.
The 55-inch model weighs in at just 39.5 pounds while the 65-inch version is at 51.4 pounds. For the 77-inch model, the wall mount needs to be able to hold at least 76.6 pounds. The 55”, 65” and 75” screen sizes use the same 300 mm x 300 mm VESA Mounting Pattern.
The biggest screen size for the A80L series is the 84-inch model, which weighs 92.6 pounds and features a 400 mm x 400 mm VESA Mounting Pattern on the back side.
When it comes to wall mount types, you can pick between fixed, tilting and full motion. For specific product recommendations, you check out this article.