MLB The Show 23 features up to 9 difficulty modes. To see what the major differences are between these levels, you can take a look at this guide from Seeking Tech.
What are the easy difficulties?
If you want to play MLB The Show 23 in easy mode, then you can pick between Beginner, Amateur, Minors or Rookie.
The Beginner difficulty is the easiest out of this group, followed by Amateur, Minors and then Rookie. You can find the descriptions for each below:
- “Our easiest difficulty setting that allows users to learn the mechanics of MLB The Show. Recommended for first time users.”
- “As accessible difficulty level that balances the gameplay experience and success for newer users.”
- “A tough, yet accessible gameplay experience for newer users.”
- “A slightly more challenging gameplay experience for newer users.”
What are the normal difficulties?
There are two normal difficulty levels in MLB The Show 23. Veteran, which is the easier one, is designed for returning players. On the other hand, the All-Star level is made for those who are looking for a slightly more difficult challenge.
You can find the in-game descriptions for these modes below:
- “A well balanced starting difficulty suitable for returning users.”
- “A difficult gameplay experience that is ideal for returning users looking for a challenge.”
What are the hard difficulties?
You also have two options when it comes to the harder difficulties in MLB The Show 23. Hall of Fame is for players who want to test their skills while Legend offers the ultimate challenge.
You can find the description for both below:
Hall of Fame:
- “A demanding gameplay experience for those who want to put their skills to the test.”
- “The most challenging gameplay experience. This difficult will challenge even the best players.”
What is Dynamic difficulty in MLB The Show 23?
The last difficulty option in this game is Dynamic.
With this mode, you will start at the Beginner level. Once you start to become more successful, the difficulty will automatically increase until the game determines the right balance when it comes to your skill level and challenge level.
If you are new to the series, then we recommend going with the Dynamic difficulty level as it will start at the Beginner level.
Once you improve your skills, the game will adjust its difficulty without any manual input, which should offer you a balanced experience.
How to change batting and pitching difficulties in MLB The Show 23
If you want to change the difficulties for the batting and/or pitching aspects of MLB The Show 23, then you need to do the following:
1. To start off, head over to the Settings menu from either the main menu or pause screen.
2. From the Settings menu, select Gameplay and then head over to the General tab. You can change tabs with the shoulder buttons on your controller.
3. In the General tab, you should see Hitting Difficulty and Pitching Difficulty.
4. Use the directional pad or left analog stick to change the difficulty levels for these two settings. These don’t have to be the same; therefore, you can make hitting easier and pitching harder or vice versa.
5. Once you are done making these changes, you need to back out of the Gameplay menu.
6. You should see a message appear. Here, you need to select Apply Changes.
7. The new difficulty settings should now be enabled when you play a game.