When you try to connect your PC to the LG C3 or LG G3, you may end up getting a blank or black screen. To see how you can fix the display issues with these OLED screens, you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech.
Before we begin, it should be noted that while this guide is intended for the C3 or G3, it should also be applicable to the A3 and B3 models as well.
1. For the first step, you should make sure that your computer is correctly connected to the C3 or G3.
If you are trying to connect the RGB port of your computer to the HDMI port of your TV, then you need to be using an RGB to HDMI converter. A HDMI to RGB converter does not work with these LG models.
If you are using a HDMI cable for the connection, then you should make sure that it has been HDMI certified; otherwise, a non-certified one may not work.
2. You should also check to see if the output resolution that you can set for your PC output is compatible with the television set.
You can find the full list of supported resolutions for the 2023 LG OLED models here.
If the output resolution isn’t compatible, then you need to change to one that is supported. In order to do so on Windows 10, for example, you need to select Start > Settings > System > Display. From the Display menu, select the Display Resolution drop down menu and then select a compatible resolution.
3. If you are using the TV as a second monitor, then you should make sure that you configure the dual monitor setup properly.
If you are connecting a Windows 10 computer, then you can navigate over to Start > Settings > System > Display. From there, you should see the Multiple Display section, which is where you can set up your C3 or G3 as a second screen.
4. You can also try power cycling your television screen by turning it off and then turning it back on again.
5. If you are still getting a blank or black screen, you can restart your PC while your TV is still turned on to see if a reboot will help your computer output its display correctly.
6. You should make sure that you have the latest driver downloaded for your graphics card as well as the latest firmware downloaded for your LG TV.