Last Updated on 04/01/2023
When compared to the original version that was first released in 2005, the Resident Evil 4 Remake makes ammo scarcer. Therefore, you may find that you are constantly running out of ammunition for your weapons.
If you need help in finding and conserving your ammo, then you can check out this guide at Seeking Tech for some help.
1. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you are equipped with the right combination of attaché cases and charms in order to increase the drop rates and crafting ammo bonuses.
The following attaché cases should be useful:
- Silver – Increases Handgun Ammo drop rate
- Classic – Increases Gunpowder drop rate
For the charms, you can use any of the following:
- Cute Bear – use 1 less Gunpowder when crafting
- Don Estaban – 15% increase in Shotgun Shells craft bonus frequency
- Dr. Salvador – 20% increase in Rifle Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Soldier with Stun Rod – 15% increase in Bolt craft bonus frequency
- Maria – 15% increase in Magnum Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Don Jose – 15% increase in Handgun Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Zealot with Shield – 20% increase in Shotgun Shells craft bonus frequency
- Don Miguel – 15% increase in Submachine Gun Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Zealot with Bowgun – 20% increase in Bolt craft bonus frequency
- Bella Sisters – 20% increase in Magnum Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Soldier with Hammer – 20% increase in Handgun Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Don Diego – 15% increase in Rifle Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Zealot with Scythe – 20% increase in Submachine Gun Ammo craft bonus frequency
- Handgun Ammo – 30% increase in Handgun Ammo craft bonus frequency
Keep in mind that you can only change the attaché cases and charms in the typewriter menu.
2. When exploring the environments in Resident Evil 4 Remake, make sure that you are breaking the crates, barrels and other breakable objects as these may contain ammo.
3. You should also open the map to see if you are missing anything in the area.
To open the map, you need to press the triangle button on PlayStation or Y button on Xbox in order to open the Inventory menu. From there, use the L1 and R1 buttons on PlayStation or LB and RB buttons on Xbox to change tabs until you get to the Map section.
4. During combat, we suggest either aiming for the head or the legs of your target. By doing so, you may be able to stagger them.
During this state, you will see a marker appear on the enemy. Run up to them and then press the button as prompted to perform a melee attack that will not only deal significant damage to the target, but also any other nearby enemies.
Melee attacks are extremely helpful when it comes to conversing ammo. So, make sure that you use these as often as possible.
5. The knife is more important in the Resident Evil 4 Remake when compared to the original. One of the benefits is that it can be used for instant kills during stealth attacks.
For the Plaga, you can use also the knife to kill them when they are downed and starting to transform.
6. When upgrading your weapons, you should focus on increasing the damage stats.
By doing so, enemies will take less bullets to be defeated. Not to mention that they should end up being more easily staggered.
7. If you are fighting a bunch of enemies that are withing close proximity of each other, you can try throwing a grenade to save on ammo.
8. If you are fighting a Plaga, then a flash grenade can instantly defeat them without wasting your bullets.
9. The Assisted difficulty mode will give you more ammo when crafting. Therefore, if you are playing the game in Standard mode, then you might want to consider lowering the difficulty level when you are in the “You Are Dead” menu after getting a game over.
10. If you have a hard time aiming in RE4 Remake, then you can check out this link to see how you can improve the controls.
To learn more about the differences when it comes to the difficulty modes in this game, you can take a look at this comparison.