If you would like to hang up your 2023 Q6, also known as the Q650G, onto a wall, then you can check out this Seeking Tech article to see how you can find a compatible wall mount.
TCL Q650G Screen Sizes
This article will cover all four screen sizes from the series. You can find the official names and model numbers for each below:
- TCL 55″ Q Class 4K QLED HDR Smart TV with Google TV (Model Number: 55Q650G)
- TCL 65″ Q Class 4K QLED HDR Smart TV with Google TV (Model Number: 65Q650G)
- TCL 75″ Q Class 4K QLED HDR Smart TV with Google TV (Model Number: 75Q650G)
- TCL 85″ Q Class 4K QLED HDR Smart TV with Google TV (Model Number: 85Q650G)
TCL Q650G Dimensions (without Stand)
To start off, you should check the wall where you are planning to install your Q650G. If you have a dry wall, then you are limited to screwing in the mounting brackets to the stud areas. To find them, you may need to get a stud identifier device.
If you want to be able to extend your TCL TV outwards and/or swivel it to the left and right, then make sure you have enough free air space in order to do so.
You can find the official measurements, in terms of Width x Height x Depth, below:
Dimensions without Stand (in inches):
- 55” TCL Q650G: 48.3 inches x 28.0 inches x 3.2 inches
- 65” TCL Q650G: 56.9 inches x 32.8 inches x 3.2 inches
- 75” TCL Q650G: 65.7 inches x 37.8 inches x 3.5 inches
- 85” TCL Q650G: 74.4 inches x 42.8 inches x 3.7 inches
Dimensions without Stand (in millimeters):
- 55” TCL Q650G: 1227 mm x 711 mm x 81 mm
- 65” TCL Q650G: 1445 mm x 833 mm x 81 mm
- 75” TCL Q650G: 1669 mm x 960 mm x 89 mm
- 85” TCL Q650G: 1990 mm x 1087 mm x 94 mm
Dimensions without Stand (in centimeters):
- 55” TCL Q650G: 122.7 cm x 71.1 cm x 8.1 cm
- 65” TCL Q650G: 144.5 cm x 83.3 cm x 8.1 cm
- 75” TCL Q650G: 166.9 cm x 96.0 cm x 8.9 cm
- 85” TCL Q650G: 199.0 cm x 108.7 cm x 9.4 cm
TCL Q650G Weight (without Stand)
The wall mount you are planning to get should be able to hold up the weight of your Q650G. The good news is that this television series is super light and should easily fall within the capacity limits of many mounting brackets.
You can find the weights for all four screen sizes, with the stands removed, below:
Weight without Stand (in pounds):
- 55” TCL Q650G: 24.2 lbs.
- 65” TCL Q650G: 33.7 lbs.
- 75” TCL Q650G: 51.8 lbs.
- 85” TCL Q650G: 65.0 lbs.
Weight without Stand (in kilograms):
- 55” TCL Q650G: 11.0 kg
- 65” TCL Q650G: 15.3 kg
- 75” TCL Q650G: 23.5 kg
- 85” TCL Q650G: 29.5 kg
TCL Q650G VESA Mounting Pattern
When you take a look at the back of your Q650G, you should be able to identify four screw holes. You will need to use these to fasten the front part of the wall mount to the backside of the screen. The screw holes for the TV and mounting bracket must align.
You can find the horizontal and vertical distances of these holes, known as the VESA Mounting Pattern, below:
- 55” TCL Q650G: 200 mm x 300 mm
- 65” TCL Q650G: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 75” TCL Q650G: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 85” TCL Q650G: 300 mm x 600 mm
TCL Q650G Mounting Screw Size
When it comes to the screw size that you should use when installing the mount to the back of your Q650G, TCL recommends using M6 x 12mm for the 55-inch, 65-inch and 75-inch models.
If you have the 85-incher, then you should use a M8 screw size.
What wall mounts are compatible with the TCL Q650G?
For a wall mount to be compatible with the TCL Q650G, it needs to meet the weight and VESA Mounting Pattern requirements.
When it comes to weight, all screen sizes are considered to be relatively light as they should be no more than 65.0 pounds or 29.5 kilograms.
When it comes to the VESA Mounting Pattern, the 65-inch and 75-inch models use the same 300 mm x 300 mm spacing. The 55-inch (200 mm x 300 mm) and 85-inch (300 mm x 600 mm) versions feature more unique patterns, which limits your choices when it comes to wall mounts.
You can check out our general mounting bracket recommendations guide to see what fixed, tilting or full motion type you should be checking out for the Q650G and other televisions.