Updating the firmware of your Sony 2022 television set may help improve performance, add new features and fix various issues.
You can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can update the software of your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K.
How to update the A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K and Z9K firmware directly from TV
To update the firmware of your Sony 2022 TV, make sure that your television set is connected to the Internet and you have the “Automatically check for update” setting enabled. If you met both of these requirements, then you will get a message on the screen whenever a new firmware update is available to download and install.
If you don’t see a notification, then you can try taking the following steps in order to manually update your device:
1. Make sure that your TV is connected to the Internet.
2. Press the gear button on the remote control of your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K.
3. In the Quick Settings menu, you need to select Settings.
4. You then need to select System.
5. Afterwards, select System Software Update.
6. Finally, select Software Update.
7. Do not turn off or unplug your TV during the firmware update process.
How to update the A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K and Z9K firmware via USB
If you can’t connect your 2022 TV to the internet, then you need to update its firmware through the USB port.
In order to do so, you need to do the following:
1. First off, you will need a USB storage device.
2. Connect the USB storage device to a computer.
3. On the computer, go to the official Sony Support website.
4. Search for the model number of your television set.
5. Scroll down to the Download section to see whether or not a new firmware version is available.
6. Download the firmware and then follow the on-screen instructions on the download page to update the firmware for your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K.
What to do when the A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K firmware update isn’t completed
If the firmware update for the 2022 Sony television can’t be completed, we recommend restarting the TV and then trying to update again.
You can also change the update method. So, if you were trying to update the firmware directly from the TV set, then you can try using the USB method instead or vice versa.
What to do when a new firmware causes issues for A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K
If the new firmware is causing issues with your television set, then you might want to consider doing a factory reset your television set. This process will delete the firmware, as well as other data, from your television set and return it to the original factory settings.
In order to factory reset your Sony A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K, you can take a look at this step-by-step tutorial.