When using the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, you may experience issues with the touch screen being unresponsive and/or too sensitive.
To see how you can find these problems, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide at Seeking Tech.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to make sure you are using the touch screen of the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G correctly.
For the most accurate response, you only need to touch the screen lightly with your finger or by using a capacitive stylus.
If you use excessive force or a metal object, then you may end up damaging the screen of your smartphone.
2. You can also adjust the touch settings of your Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
In order to do so, we recommend taking the following steps:
- From the home screen of your Samsung phone, open the Settings app.
- Inside of the Settings of your device, select Accessibility.
- Next, you need to select the “Interaction and dexterity” option.
- You can then customize the time intervals for the “Touch and hold delay,” “Tap duration” and “Ignore repeated touches” settings.
3. If your Galaxy S21 FE 5G seems to erroneously registering touch inputs even if you aren’t using your phone, then we recommend enabling the accidental touch protection feature.
To do so, you need to do the following:
- Open the Settings app on your Samsing smartphone.
- On the first page of the Settings menu, tap Display.
- Inside the Display menu, make sure that the “Accidental touch protection” is turned on.
4. If you are having issues with the Galaxy S21 FE 5G’s screen not registering your touch inputs, then you may want to enable the touch sensitivity feature by taking the following steps:
- Go to the front page of the Settings app for your Samsung phone.
- You then need to select Display.
- Finally, make sure that the “Touch sensitivity” setting is enabled.
5. If you are playing a game, then it may not allow you to use the touch screen with the app opened.
In order to disable the touch protection feature, then you need to do the following:
- When playing a videogame on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, swipe upwards from the bottom of the screen to bring up the navigation bar.
- Next, you need to make sure that the “Touch protection” setting is turned off.
6. If the touch screen is still malfunctioning, then you can try either restarting the Galaxy S21 FE 5G. You can also try turning off and then turning back on the phone.
7. We also recommend that you keep your apps updated.
You can do so by opening the Google Play Store App and then doing the following:
- Tap your profile icon, which should be on the right of the search bar on top of the menu.
- Next, select the “Manage apps & device” option.
- In the overview tab of the “Manage apps & device” menu, select the “Update all” option.
8. You can also try cleaning your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G if the touch screen is dirty.
To do so, you can check out this tutorial.
9. If you are using a screen protector, then you might want to consider removing it if none of the potential solutions worked.
10. If you are still experiencing touch screen problems with the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G smartphone after doing all of the above, then you might want to contact Samsung as your phone may have a hardware-related issue.
If you are also experiencing sound quality issues with this smartphone, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting tutorial.