By default, pressing and holding the side key of your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G smartphone won’t bring up the power menu.
If you want to change the functionality of this key, then you can check out this step-by-step tutorial at Seeking Tech.
Where is the side key located on Galaxy S21 FE 5G?
On the Galaxy S21 FE 5G, the side key is located below the volume up and volume down keys if you are holding the phone from a vertically upright position (otherwise known as the portrait view).
From top-to-bottom, it is about a 1/3 down from the top.
What is the default function of pressing and holding the Galaxy S21 FE 5G side key?
By pressing and holding the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G side key, you will normally wake up Bixby.
For the uninformed, Bixby is a virtual assistant created by Samsung.
What is the default way to turn off and reset your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G?
By default, the fastest way to turn off your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G is to press and hold the volume down key and side key at the same time. This will open the power menu, where you can then select the “Power off” option.
The quickest way to reset your Galaxy S21 FE 5G is by pressing and holding the volume down key and side key simultaneously. Doing so should being up the power menu, where you need to select the “Restart” option.
How to change the Galaxy S21 FE 5G side key to open the power menu
Pressing and holding two buttons at the same time to open the power menu is not ideal.
If you rather open the power menu by pressing and holding just the side key, then you can take the following steps:
1. From the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, tap the Settings app.
2. Now that you arrived in Settings, tap the “Advanced features” option.
3. Afterwards, you need to tap the “Side key” option.
4. Finally, make sure you tap the “Power off menu” option underneath the “Press and hold” section.
By changing this setting, the power menu will now open every time you press and hold the side key on your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
How to make the Galaxy S21 FE 5G side key to wake up Bixby
If you want to change back the S21 FE side key to its original function of waking Bixby, then you need to do the following:
1. Open the Settings app for your Galaxy S21 FE smartphone.
2. Inside of Settings, select the “Advanced features” option.
3. In the “Advanced features” menu, select the “Side key” option.
4. Below the “Press and hold” section, select the “Wake Bixby” option.
With the “Wake Bixby” setting enabled, pressing and holding the side key will now activate the virtual assistant.