The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G comes equipped with an internal 4500 mAh battery.
If the battery is draining faster than what you expected, then you can check out this guide to see how you can potentially extend the battery life of your smartphone.
1. The first step we suggest taking is to close any intensive apps you have running on your phone.
A video game app or an app that use the location features are known to take up a lot of hardware resources, leading to the battery of your phone draining faster than normal.
2. You can also lower the brightness level of the Galaxy S21 FE’s screen.
3. Furthermore, you may want to switch to a dark theme by going to the Settings app and then selecting Dark.
For more customization options, you can select the “Dark mode settings” in the same screen.
4. We also suggest lowering the volume if you are playing a media file through the speaker of Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
5. Furthermore, we recommend turning off any wireless connections, such as Location and Bluetooth, if you aren’t using them at the moment.
6. If your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G gets too hot, then the internal battery may suffer performance issues. Therefore, we recommend letting your phone cool down if it starts to feel very warm.
To find out more about what to do when it comes to your phone overheating, you can take a look at this guide.
7. We also recommend that you clear the memory of your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
In order to do so, go to the Settings app and the select Battery and device care > Memory > Clear now.
8. You can also set up background usage limits on apps that you don’t use very often.
To do so, launch the Settings app and then select Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits. You can then limit the battery usage for the applications that you don’t normally use.
9. Moreover, it is a good idea to update the firmware of the S21 FE as well as the software versions of the apps you have installed.
10. For apps that you don’t use at all, we recommend uninstalling them from your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
For apps that can’t be deleted, you can disable them on your phone to prevent the applications from running in the background.
11. A quick way to reduce battery drain with the Galaxy S21 FE 5G is to utilize the “Optimize now” function.
In order to do so, open the Settings app and then go to Battery and device care > Optimize now.
With this enabled, your phone will delete any unnecessary files, close apps running in the background and identify intensive apps.
12. You can also activate power saving mode on your Samsung phone.
In order to do so, go to the front page of the Settings app and then select Battery and device care > Battery > Power saving mode.
With this feature turned on, background network usage, data syncing and location checking will be limited. There are also additional power saving options available in the same menu if you want to save more battery life.
13. To keep the internal battery running optimally for many years, we also recommend doing the following:
- Avoid charging your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G if it is wet.
- You should also avoid using your phone when it is recharging.
- Make sure you don’t cover the phone when during the charging process.
- Don’t let your smartphone get below 20% as it will stress out the internal battery.
- You should also try to avoid recharging your phone above 80% as it will also stress out its internal battery.
Overtime, the internal battery will slowly lose its maximum capacity. If you take some care in terms of how you handle the recharging process, however, then you can slow down the battery’s ageing progress.
If you are experiencing issues with using the wireless power sharing feature, then you can check out this guide.