While the Galaxy S21 FE 5G offers a very strong resistance against water, it is not entirely waterproofed. You can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can prevent and potentially fix water damage issues with this smartphone.
What is the Ingress Protection rating for Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G has an IP68 rating. In terms of water protection, this smartphone should be able to withstand being submerged at up to 5 feet of water for a maximum of 30 minutes.
In terms of dust, sand and dirt, the Galaxy S21 FE 5G is completely dust-tight.
With that said, the ingress protection will wear out over time due to normal wear and tear on the phone. Any type of damage, such as a cracked screen or chipped outer casing, will make this device more susceptible to water as well.
How to prevent your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G from getting water damaged
In order to prevent your Galaxy S21 FE 5G from getting water damaged, you can take the following precautionary steps:
1. Avoid water contact with your Samsung phone whenever possible.
2. You should also avoid using your device inside a room with very high humidity such as a sauna, taking a hot bath or taking a hot shower.
3. Do not drop your S21 FE as well as expose it to other heavy impacts that may weaken or break the water resistance features.
4. Make sure that the Sim card slot is completely closed. If it isn’t, then any amount of water getting into that area will end up damaging your phone.
5. Do not recharge your smartphone while it is still wet.
What to do when your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G gets very wet
If you Galaxy S21 FE 5G gets very wet, then we recommend doing the following:
1. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you turn off your phone.
2. Next, you can remove any cables and accessories you have attached to the device.
If you are recharging your phone, make sure you carefully unplug it from the power source.
3. If you Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G are soaked with a liquid other than plain water, then we recommend that you rinse your smartphone for a few minutes with plain tap water and then wipe it clean.
4. Next, you can wipe the phone dry with a lift-free soft cloth.
5. Afterwards, we recommend waiting until your phone air dries. If you don’t let your device fully dried out, then you may get audio distortions on the speaker and/or microphone.
You can use a fan to improve air circulation to speed up the drying process. Do not use a heat source, such as a hair blow dryer, however, as the hot temperature could cause heat damage to your Samsung smartphone.