The Galaxy S21 FE 5G is the latest smartphone from Samsung. You can take a look at this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can properly and safely clean this new phone.
What cleaning tools can you use for the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G?
When it comes to cleaning tools, Samsung recommends using a lint-free, microfiber cleaning cloth. To prevent the possibility of scratching the phone’s casing, screen and/or camera lens, we suggest that you get a cloth made to clean camera lens or eye glasses.
If you are looking for a compatible product, then we recommend getting the MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, which you can find on Amazon with this link.
You should avoid using an abrasive cleaning cloth and air compressor when trying to clean the Galaxy S21 FE 5G.
What cleaning solutions you can use for the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G?
When it comes to the cleaning solutions, you can use plain water to clean off the dirt, dust and smudges on your S21 FE 5G phone.
If you want to clean and disinfect the device at the same time, then you can use a solution that contains 50 ppm to 80 ppm hypochlorous acid, at least 70% ethanol or at least 70% isopropyl alcohol.
Out of the above options, we recommend using isopropyl alcohol as it dries very quickly. If you are looking for a product, then we suggest picking up the MG Chemicals – 824-1L 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Electronics Cleaner, which you can find on Amazon with this link.
You should avoid using any soap, bleach or other cleaning chemicals as these may end up damaging the outside and inside of your phone.
How to clean the Galaxy S21 FE 5G
In order to clean your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, you can try taking the following steps:
1. If you haven’t done so already, make sure you completely turn off your S21 FE phone.
2. If you are charging the phone, unplug it from the charging cable.
3. Remove any other accessories and cables you have attached to the device.
4. If you are using a case, then you should remove the phone from the case as well.
5. If your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE is really dirty, you can try running tap water through it to remove most of the dirt and smudges.
For the uninformed, this phone has an IP68 water resistance rating, which means that it should have no problems with being splashed with tap water.
6. If your phone case is also really dirty, then you should also try running tap water through it.
7. Next, you need to damp a lint-free, microfiber cleaning cloth with any of the following:
- Plain tap water
- Solution with 50 ppm to 80 ppm hypochlorous acid
- Solution with at least 70% ethanol
- Solution with at least 70% isopropyl alcohol
If you are using hypochlorous acid, ethanol or isopropyl alcohol, then Samsung recommends that you don’t apply these solutions directly on the Galaxy S21 FE 5G. Instead, you need to put them on a cleaning cloth.
8. Make sure that the cloth is not too wet. If it is, you can squeeze out any excess solutions.
9. Next, gently wipe the Samsung phone clean. If you phone case is dirty, then make sure you wipe that clean as well.
Apply a little bit more pressure and use more of the aforementioned water or compatible cleaning solutions if necessary.
10. After wiping the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, we recommend letting it air dry.
You can use a fan to improve air circulation and speed up the drying process.
Avoid using a space heater, hair blow dryer or other heat sources as you may end up damaging your phone.
11. After your Galaxy S21 FE has dried, you should be able to put the case back on it, reattach another other cable/accessories, turn the phone back on and/or recharge it.