When navigating through the menus or apps on the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G, you can either use on-screen buttons or swiping gestures.
To see how you can switch between these two navigation methods, you can check out this step-by-step tutorial from Seeking Tech.
How to switch to navigation bar on Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
If you are currently using gestures to move around but would like to use the on-screen buttons instead, then you can try taking the following steps to enable navigation buttons:
1. If you haven’t done so already, turn on your Galaxy S21 FE 5G and then head to the home screen.
2. From the home screen, tap the Settings app.
3. After opening the Settings app, tap Display.
4. Inside the Display menu, tap Navigation Bar.
5. Finally, you need to make sure that the Buttons option is enabled.
With the Navigation Bar enabled, the following buttons will appear at the bottom of the screen of your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G:
- The circular button is a shortcut to the home menu.
- The back button will let you go back to a previous page on the app or to the home menu if you are on the front page of an app.
- The button with the three horizontal lines will let you view the recent apps you currently have opened on your smartphone.
6. You can also switch the back and recent apps button positions in the “Button order” section of the aforementioned menu.
How to switch to navigation gestures on Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
If you are using on-screen navigation buttons currently but would like to switch back to gestures, then you can do the following:
1. Go to the Settings app for your Samsung phone.
2. In the Settings app, head over to Display.
3. From the Display menu, go to Navigation Bar.
4. Finally, you need to select the “Swipe gestures” option is enabled.
5. In the same menu, you have several customization settings for using gestures-based navigation:
- “More options” will let you select the gesture type and adjust the sensitivity level.
- “Gesture hints” will provide tips at the bottom at the screen in terms of how you can use a gesture to navigate.
- “Show button to hide keyboard” will add an icon to the bottom right corner of the screen that will allow you to hide the on-screen keyboard when using the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G in the portrait orientation.