While using the speaker of the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G or using a connected listening device, you may experience audio quality issues.
You can take a look at this troubleshooting guide to see how you can potentially fix these sound issues with your phone.
1. The first step you can take is to make sure that the speaker on your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G is not wet.
While the phone offers IP68 water protection, the audio output may sound distorted if the speaker isn’t dry.
To see how what you can do when your phone gets wet, you can take a look at this article.
2. You should also make sure that the Galaxy S21 FE’s speaker is clean as well.
3. If you are experiencing poor sound quality when using earphones, earbuds, headphones or headsets, then you should make sure that these listening devices are also clean and dry.
4. We also recommend playing a different media file. If the other media file sounds fine, then the audio issues may not be related on your end at all.
5. If you are experiencing poor or distorted sound when playing different media files, then the next step you can try to turn on and then customize the adapt sound mode.
In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Galaxy S21 FE 5G phone.
- Inside of settings, select Sounds and vibration > Sound quality and effects > Adapt sound.
- Next, you need to select the “Adapt sound for” option and the pick a profile that sound the best for your ears.
- For further customization, you can also select the “Settings” option in this screen.
- You can also select “Test my hearing” to let the smartphone determine which profile provides the best fits for your hearing needs.
6. You may also want to edit the equalizer setting on your smartphone.
To do so, you need to do the following:
- Launch the Settings app and then select Sounds and vibration > Sound quality and effects.
- Select Equalizer to select between several preset profiles or you can manually adjust the sound output settings.
6. Furthermore, you can also use the UHQ upscaler to make the audio clearer if you are using earphones, earbuds, headphones and/or headsets.
To do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Go to the Settings app on your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE.
- You then need to select Sounds and vibration > Sound quality and effects > UHQ upscaler.
- Finally, select the upscaling option.