Last Updated on 04/03/2023
When watching TV or playing games on your Sony A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K, you may notice that the audio is out of sync with the lip movements.
You may also hear your TV making clicking, cracking, popping or rattling noises.
To see how you can potentially fix these problems, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech.
How to fix A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K lip sync issues
In order to fix the lip sync issues when using these 2022 Sony television models, then you can try doing the following:
1. If you are watching a TV channel, you can try changing the channel. If you are watch a video, then you can try switching to another video.
If the lip sync looks fine when viewing other content, then the audio lag may just be isolated to that one problematic video content.
2. If the lip sync also looks off when viewing other content, then the next step you can take is to check the settings on the external device you have connected to your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K.
Some devices have a setting that you can enable in order to sync the audio of the video content.
If you are unsure whether or not your connected device offers this feature, then you can try looking at its product manual.
3. You should also make sure that the external device is connected directly to your television set as a splitter or pass-through may introduce additional lag.
4. If you are using a wireless connection, then it may also cause a delay in audio. So, if possible, we recommend using a wired connection if you are connecting a device to your television set.
5. You can also try turning off your TV and then turn it back on again.
6. Furthermore, you can try to power cycle your television set by doing the following:
- Unplug the power cord of the TV from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord of the television back into the power outlet.
- Turn on your TV.
7. You can also try updating the firmware of your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K by following the steps in this tutorial.
8. Moreover, you may want to consider doing a factory reset. To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this article.
9. If you are only getting lip sync issues when using an external device, then you can try power cycling, updating the firmware and/or factory resetting the connected external device as well.
About the A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K clicking issues
If you hear your 2022 TV model making clicking, cracking, popping or rattling noises, then it is due to the change of the internal temperature. A rising or falling temperature will cause certain parts of the television set to expand or contract.
These weird sounds will occur even after you turn off your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K.
With that said, Sony has stated that the clicking, cracking, popping or rattling noises are completely normal and should not affect the performance of your television set. Therefore, you don’t need to fix this particular issue with your 2022 Sony television.