The Sony A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K and Z9K support media apps like Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, HBO Max, Netflix, Crunchyroll, YouTube and more.
If you are experiencing issues with using the built-in applications on these television sets, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech.
1. The first step we recommend is to make sure that the app you are trying to use isn’t suffering from a server outage or going through server maintenance.
If the servers are down, then you can simply wait until they are up again before you try using the problematic app.
2. If the app forced your television set to be completely frozen, then we recommend turning off your TV.
To do so, you can press and hold the power button on the remote of the A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K for 5 seconds.
If the TV won’t turn off, you can try pressing the power button located directly on it.
If the power buttons on the remote and TV don’t work, then you can unplug your television set from the power outlet. Afterwards, we recommend waiting 2 minutes before you plug the TV set back into the power outlet.
3. You can also try clearing the cache from the troublesome app by taking the following steps:
- Press the home button on the remote.
- Go to Settings.
- Head to Apps.
- Select the troublesome app. If you can’t find the application, then you need to select See All Apps to view every app currently installed on your television set.
- Next, select Clear Cache.
- Finally, select Ok to delete all the temporary files.
4. Furthermore, you can try deleting all the data from the app that is causing you issues. To do so, you need to do the following:
- On the remote control of your TV, press the home button.
- Head over to Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Select the app that is causing issues. If you can’t find this app, then you need to select See All Apps to find an expanded list of applications you have installed on the TV.
- Afterwards, you need to select Clear Data.
- Next, select Clear All Data.
- Lastly, select Ok to delete all of the app data file.
5. You should also make sure that the firmware of your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K have been updated to the newest version.
To find out how to do so over the internet or via the USB connection port, you can check out this tutorial.
6. You should make sure that the app that is causing problems have been updated to the latest software release as well.
7. If the app still isn’t working normally, then you can try factory resetting your TV by following this guide.
If none of the aforementioned solution help with fixing the app issues, then we recommend that you avoid using the problematic application until there is a new update to the app and/or your TV.
Instead, you can try using the app on an external device (like a media player or game console) that you can connect to your television set in order to see if the application is more stable when running on the external device.