With the Sony LinkBuds S, you are able to listen to music and other types of audio through wireless ear buds.
If these ear phones do not seem to be working as advertised, then you can check out this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech to see how you can potentially fix your problem.
1. First off, make sure that you don’t get your LinkBuds S too wet. Liquid could cause sound distorting as well as other issues for these ear buds. Not to mention that the charging case does not offer any water protection at all.
Therefore, we recommend that you make sure that your ear buds are completely dry before trying to use them.
To find out more information about how you can properly dry, as well as prevent the LinkBuds S from getting wet, you can take a look at this post.
2. You should also make sure that the internal batteries of your ear buds are charged. These ear phones can take up to 2 hours to be fully charged.
You can take a look at this guide if you are having problems trying to recharge the LinkBuds S.
3. Before you can connect the wireless ear phones to another device, you need to go through the Bluetooth pairing process.
While the LinkBuds S uses Bluetooth 5.2, it should also support the older versions of the connection. Furthermore, these ear buds will work with the A2DP, AVRCP, HFP and HSP profiles.
4. If you are able to pair and connect your ear phones properly but are experiencing issues when it comes to audio quality, then you can check out this article.
If the audio keeps skipping and/or dropping out, then we recommend taking a look at this guide to see how you can get rid of these issues.
5. A common way to fix most of the LinkBuds S problems is by doing the following:
- Remove the ear buds from your ears if you haven’t done so already.
- Next, you need to place the ear buds into the designated areas from within the charging case. Make sure that the contact points are aligned correctly.
- Afterwards, close the top of the case.
- Open the lid of charging case and then take out the ear buds.
By doing these actions, you will be able to refresh the Bluetooth connection of your ear buds.
6. Other common fixes are resetting and factory resetting the Sony LinkBuds S.
With a factory reset, for example, you will be removing any of the customized settings that may have been causing issues with the ear phones not working properly.
Keep in mind that, by restoring the LinkBuds S to its factory default setting, the original pairing information won’t work. To connect to the same device again, you need to delete or forget the previous pairing data and then pair the ear buds again.
You can follow the steps from this tutorial to see how you are able to reset and factory reset these ear phones.
7. If you still can’t get your LinkBuds S to work properly, then you should consider contacting Sony in order to get more help.