The X90L, which may also be referred to as the X90CL, is a mid-range 2023 Sony LED television. If you have one of these models and would like to hang it from your wall, then you can check out this compatibility guide at Seeking Tech to see which mounting bracket will work with this TV.
Sony X90L Screen Sizes
This post will be covering all five available size options. You can find the name and model number of these sets below:
- Sony BRAVIA XR 55” Class X90L Full Array LED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-55X90L or XR-55X90L)
- Sony BRAVIA XR 65” Class X90L Full Array LED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-65X90L or XR-65X90CL)
- Sony BRAVIA XR 75” Class X90L Full Array LED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-75X90L or XR-75X90CL)
- Sony BRAVIA XR 85” Class X90L Full Array LED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-85X90L or XR-85X90CL)
- Sony BRAVIA XR 98” Class X90L Full Array LED 4K HDR Google TV (Model Number: XR-98X90L)
Sony X90L Dimensions (without Stand)
Before you pick a mounting bracket for this Sony television, you should make sure that you have enough free space on your wall.
It is important to note that, if you have a dry wall, then you can only screw in the mount in areas that are supported by studs. You may need to find a stud finder to identify these locations.
Moreover, if you wish to extend your X90L outwards and/or swivel it to the sides, then you should make sure that the surrounding areas are clear of obstructions as well.
You can find the measurements of your television set (shown in inches, millimeters and centimeters) below:
Dimensions without Stand (in inches):
- 55” X90L: 48.3 inches x 27.9 inches x 2.3 inches
- 65” X90L: 57.0 inches x 32.8 inches x 2.3 inches
- 75” X90L: 65.8 inches x 37.9 inches x 2.4 inches
- 85” X90L: 74.5 inches x 42.8 inches x 2.4 inches
- 98” X90L: 86.6 inches x 49.5 inches x 3.4 inches
Dimensions without Stand (in millimeters):
- 55” X90L: 1225 mm x 707 mm x 56 mm
- 65” X90L: 1445 mm x 831 mm x 57 mm
- 75” X90L: 1668 mm x 959 mm x 59 mm
- 85” X90L: 1891 mm x 1085 mm x 59 mm
- 98” X90L: 2199 mm x 1255 mm x 85 mm
Dimensions without Stand (in centimeters):
- 55” X90L: 122.5 cm x 70.7 cm x 5.6 cm
- 65” X90L: 144.5 cm x 83.1 cm x 5.7 cm
- 75” X90L: 166.8 cm x 95.9 cm x 5.9 cm
- 85” X90L: 189.1 cm x 108.5 cm x 5.9 cm
- 98” X90L: 219.9 cm x 125.5 cm x 8.5 cm
Sony X90L Weight (without Stand)
The wall mount should also be strong enough to hold the weight of your X90L; otherwise, you risk damaging the TV if it comes crashing down.
This series can get quite heavy if you have the bigger screen sizes; therefore, you should make sure that the weight capacity limit of the mounting bracket exceeds the weight of your Sony TV.
You can find out how much each screen size weighs below:
Weight without Stand (in pounds):
- 55” X90L: 37.3 lbs.
- 65” X90L: 53.4 lbs.
- 75” X90L: 78.0 lbs.
- 85” X90L: 98.1 lbs.
- 98” X90L: 148.1 lbs.
Weight without Stand (in kilograms):
- 55” X90L: 16.9 kg
- 65” X90L: 24.2 kg
- 75” X90L: 35.4 kg
- 85” X90L: 44.5 kg
- 98” X90L: 67.2 kg
Sony X90L VESA Mounting Pattern
When you look at the back of your X90L, you should see four screw holes, which are used to attach the front part of the wall mount to your screen. The horizontal and vertical distances of these holes are known as the VESA Mounting Pattern.
You can find the pattern for all five screen sizes below:
- 55” X90L: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 65” X90L: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 75” X90L: 300 mm x 300 mm
- 85” X90L: 400 mm x 400 mm
- 98” X90L: 600 mm x 400 mm
What wall mounts are compatible with the Sony X90L and Sony X90CL?
When choosing a compatible wall mount for your X90L or X90CL, you should make sure that its weight capacity limit is more than the load of your television.
The 55-inch model weighs just 37.3 pounds and should be light enough for a vast majority of mounting brackets. Your selection will be more limited if you have the 65-inch (at 53.4 pounds), 75-inch (at 78 pounds), 85-inch (at 98.1 pounds) or 98-inch (at 148.1 pounds) screen size.
You also need to pay attention to the VESA Mounting Pattern. The 55-inch, 65-inch and 75-inch versions use the same 300 mm x 300 mm pattern. The 85-inch iteration features 400 mm x 400 mm while the 98-incher utilizes 600 mm x 400 mm.
For specific recommendations when it comes to picking a compatible fixed, tilting or full motion mount for your X90L and other televisions, you can take a look at this post.