If you own the 2023 Samsung Q70C (also known as the Q70 or Q70CD) and would like to hang it from your wall, then you can check out this Seeking Tech guide to see which wall mounts are compatible with this TV series.
Q70C Screen Sizes
This article is applicable to all four available screen sizes of this line. You can find the names and model numbers of these products below:
- Samsung 55″ Class QLED 4K Q70C TV (Model Number: QN55Q70CAF or QN55Q70CAFXZA)
- Samsung 65″ Class QLED 4K Q70C TV (Model Number: QN65Q70CAF or QN65Q70CAFXZA)
- Samsung 75″ Class QLED 4K Q70C TV (Model Number: QN75Q70CAF or QN75Q70CAFXZA)
- Samsung 85″ Class QLED 4K Q70C TV (Model Number: QN85Q70CAF or QN85Q70CAFXZA)
Q70C Dimensions (without Stand)
Before doing anything else, we suggest that you check to see if you have enough room on your wall. Keep in mind that you can only place the wall mount and television set on studs if you have a dry wall. To discover these locations, you may need to use a stud finding device.
If you are planning to get a full motion mount where you can extend and swivel your Q70C, then make sure you leave enough open airspace around the TV.
You can find the measurements for each scree size below:
Dimensions without Stand (in inches):
- 55” Q70C: 48.5 inches x 27.9 inches x 1.0 inch
- 65” Q70C: 57.2 inches x 32.7 inches x 1.0 inch
- 75” Q70C: 66.0 inches x 37.8 inches x 1.0 inch
- 85” Q70C: 74.9 inches x 42.8 inches x 1.1 inches
Dimensions without Stand (in millimeters):
- 55” Q70C: 1232 mm x 709 mm x 25 mm
- 65” Q70C: 1453 mm x 831 mm x 25 mm
- 75” Q70C: 1676 mm x 960 mm x 25 mm
- 85” Q70C: 1902 mm x 1087 mm x 28 mm
Dimensions without Stand (in centimeters):
- 55” Q70C: 123.2 cm x 70.9 mm x 2.5 mm
- 65” Q70C: 145.3 cm x 83.1 mm x 2.5 mm
- 75” Q70C: 167.6 cm x 96.0 mm x 2.5 mm
- 85” Q70C: 190.2 cm x 108.7 mm x 2.8 mm
Q70C Weight (without Stand)
Each wall mount has a capacity limit in terms of how much weight it can hold. Since you do not need to install the stand if you decide to mount your Q70C, you can subtract it weight from your calculation.
You can find the weight of each screen size, without its stand, below:
Weight without Stand (in pounds):
- 55” Q70C: 35.5 lbs.
- 65” Q70C: 47.2 lbs.
- 75” Q70C: 73.6 lbs.
- 85” Q70C: 96.6 lbs.
Weight without Stand (in kilograms):
- 55” Q70C: 16.1 kg
- 65” Q70C: 21.4 kg
- 75” Q70C: 33.4 kg
- 85” Q70C: 43.8 kg
Q70C VESA Mounting Pattern
The VESA Mounting Pattern refers to the horizontal and vertical distances of the four screw holes located on the backside of the Q70C. You need these holes to attach to the front part of the wall mount.
If the mounting bracket does not fit into the screw holes, then it is incompatible.
You can find the VESA Mounting Pattern below:
- 55” Q70C: 200 mm x 200 mm
- 65” Q70C: 400 mm x 300 mm
- 75” Q70C: 400 mm x 400 mm
- 85” Q70C: 600 mm x 400 mm
Q70C Mounting Screw Size
When it comes to screwing in the wall mount to the back of your Q70C, Samsung recommends using the M8 screw type with a 11 to 13 screw depth.
What wall mounts are compatible with the Q70C?
For a wall mount to be compatible with the 2023 Samsung Q70C, Q70 or Q70CD, it must be strong enough to hold its weight. The 55-inch (weighing in at 35.5 pounds) and 65-inch (at 47.2 pounds) models are light enough for pretty much every mounting bracket. For the 75-inch (73.6 pounds) and 85-inch (96.6 pounds) versions, you need to look for stronger mounts.
You also need to find one that fits the VESA Mounting Pattern of your screen size. The pattern is different depending on your screen size as the 55-incher uses 200 mm x 200 mm, 65-incher uses 400 mm x 300 mm, 75-incher uses 400 mm x 400 mm and 85-incher uses 600 mm x 400 mm.
If you are looking for specific fixed, tilting or full motion wall mount recommendations for your Q70C, then you can take a look at this link.