Last Updated on 04/02/2023
The Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 is a 4K curved gaming monitor that comes with multiple HDMI 2.1 ports. You can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see what are the best settings to use when connecting your PlayStation 5, PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, Xbox Series X and/or Xbox Series S consoles to this display.
What PS5, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S features are supported by the Odyssey Neo G8?
The Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 supports all the advanced features of the new consoles as you will be able to play games at 120 frames per second in up to 4K resolution. This gaming monitor also supports HDR and Variable Refresh Rate.
Recommend Odyssey Neo G8 settings for PS5, Xbox Series X and S
To optimize the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 for your PS5, PS5 Digital Edition, Xbox Series X and/or Xbox Series S, then you need to take the following steps:
1. The first step you should take is to connect your console to the gaming monitor.
Make sure you are using a HDMI 2.1 cable for the connection. The PS5, PS5 Digital Edition and Xbox Series X should come with this cable included in the box. On the other hand, the Xbox Series S only comes with a HDMI 2.0 cable.
2. When connecting your console to the Odyssey Neo G8, make sure that you are doing so directly. Avoid using HDMI pass-through devices or splitters as these may introduce lag or cause other issues.
3. With the console connected, turn it on.
4. Turn on your gaming monitor and then make sure it is showing the input source of your connected console.
5. Use the 5-Way Button on the monitor in order to go to Menu > System > Input Port Ver. Afterwards, set the input port version to HDMI, 2.0↑.
6. Go back to the System menu. From there, make sure you set Local Dimming to High, set VRR Control to On and then Eco Saver Mode to Off.
7. Head back to Menu and then select Game.
In the Game sub-menu, make sure you set Refresh Rate to 120 and then Adaptive Sync to On.
8. Go back to Menu again and then select Picture.
In the Picture sub-menu, make sure you set Brightness to 10.
9. We suggest leaving everything else on your Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 to its default values.
10. You should also make sure that you have the correct settings on your console.
If you have a PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition, then you need head over to the system’s Settings menu and then select Screen and Video. Afterwards, set Resolution to 2160p, HDR to On When Supported as well as the following settings to Automatic:
- 4K Transfer Rate
- Deep Color Output
- RGB Range
- Enable 120 Hz Output
Finally, select the Adjust HDR option in the aforementioned Screen and Video menu and then follow on-screen instructions to optimized your PS5’s HDR setting for this monitor.
On the Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X, you need to go to your console’s Settings menu. Afterwards, head over to Settings > General > TV & display options and then set the resolution to 4K UHD.
In the TV & display options menu, you should then to select Video modes. Next, you need to makes sure that you enable the following settings:
- Auto-low latency mode
- Variable refresh rate
Go back to the TV & display options menu and select Calibrate HDR for games. Follow the on-screen instructions to calibrate your Xbox Series X or S HDR settings for the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8.
11. You should now be set to go when it comes to setting up your gaming monitor with your game console.
With that said, you may need to make additional adjustment on a game-by-game basis. In these cases, we recommend using the graphical options from the in-game menus first before adjusting the monitor’s or console’s settings.