When trying to use your Samsung Odyssey Neo G8, you may notice that your screen will start to flicker. To see how you can potentially fix these flickering issues for this curved gaming monitor, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to check if the DisplayPort and/or HDMI cable are securely connected to the back of the monitor as well as the port on the connected device.
2. You can also try unplugging and then re-plugging the DisplayPort and/or HDMI cable.
3. If you are using a HDMI splitter or HDMI pass-through device, then it may be causing these problems. Therefore, we recommend that you directly connect the video cable from the other device to your Odyssey Neo G8 with nothing else in between.
4. If possible, you can try using a different DisplayPort and/or HDMI cable to see if the screen flicker will go away.
5. Power cycling the game monitor, as well as the connected device, may also help fix the flickering errors.
In order to do so, you can try taking the following steps:
- Turn off the connected device.
- Once the connected device has been turned off, unplug it from the power outlet.
- Turn off your Samsung Odyssey Neo G8.
- Once the monitor has shut down, unplug it from the power outlet.
- Wait for several minutes.
- Plug both the monitor and the connected device back into the power outlet.
- Turn on the connected device.
- Turn on the monitor.
6. If your screen is still flickering, then you can try updating its firmware.
If you have a hard time trying to install the new driver, then you can check out this troubleshooting article.
7. You should also update the connected device as well. If you are using a PC, make sure you download the latest driver for your graphical cards if you haven’t done so already.
8. Moreover, you can try enabling VRR control, which may help fix the screen flickering issues.
To do so, use the 5-Way Button on the monitor to go to Menu > System. From there, set VRR Control to On.
9. If enabling VRR Control does not work, then you can try disabling Adaptive Sync by using the 5-Way Button of the monitor to go to Menu > Game. Afterwards, set Adaptive Sync to Off.
10. In the same Game menu on your Samsung Odyssey Neo G8, you can also try changing the refresh rate.
11. You can try disabling the FreeSync Premium Pro feature as well.
To do so, head back to the aforementioned Game menu of your monitor and then make sure that you turn off FreeSync Premium Pro.
12. If the flickering issues only happens when you are playing a certain game, then you can try changing the in-game graphical settings.
13. You can also try to update to the latest available patch as a new version may help resolve the flickers.
14. Changing the refresh rate on the connected device may also help.
If you are using a Windows 10 PC, for example, then you can go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings. Afterwards, change the refresh rate.
15. Moreover, changing the output resolution of the connected device may also remove the flickers as well.
In order to do so with a Windows 10 PC, you need to head over to Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings. You should then be able to change the resolution.
16. If you are only getting flickering when you are using the HDMI connection, then you can try increasing the port version on the monitor.
In order to do so, use the 5-Way Button of your Odyssey Neo G8 to go to Menu > System > Input Port Ver. You then need to set this setting to HDMI, 2.0↑.
If your screen is still flickering after trying all of the aforementioned potential solutions, then we suggest contacting Samsung to get additional help.