Thanks to a recent firmware update, you are now able to view hidden achievements directly on your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S console. To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
1. Before anything else, make sure that your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S console has been updated to the latest firmware.
To check whether or not a new firmware is available, you can take the following steps:
- Turn on your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S.
- Make sure that you console is connected to the internet.
- Press the Xbox button to open the Guide menu.
- From the Guide menu, switch tabs until you get to Profile & System.
- After getting to the Profile & System tab, select Settings.
- In Settings, select System from the left column and then Updates on the right side.
- From the System – Updates menu, you should see whether or not there is a new firmware available. If there is, then make sure you download and install it.
- In the System – Updates menu, we recommend that you check the box next to the “Keep my console up to date” option so that your Series X or Series S will automatically update wherever the next firmware is available.
2. With the system up to date, press the Xbox button to open the Guide menu.
3. From the Guide menu, switch tabs until you get to Game Activity.
4. In the Game Activity section, select the “Achievements” option if you want to view the hidden achievements for the currently game you are playing. If you aren’t playing any games at the moment, then the “Achievements” option will show the achievement list for the last game you played on the console.
Alternatively, you can also select the “All Achievements” option, which shows a list of all your games, that contain achievements, you have played on your Xbox account. After choosing “All Achievements,” you then need to select a game before you continue to the next step.
5. Next, you need to select a secret achievement from the list.
6. In the pop-up menu, you should then select the “Reveal details” option.
How to hide secret achievements on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S
If you want to re-hide a secret achievement directly on your Series X or Series S, you can do the following:
1. Open the Guide menu and then head over to the Game Activity section.
2. Next, select “Achievements” or “All Achievements.” If you select “All Achievements,” then you need to select the game that contains secret achievements that you want to re-hide.
3. Afterwards, select the achievement that you want to hide again. For the uninformed, achievements that can be hidden should have “(Secret)” written in front of its name.
4. In the pop-up menu, you then need to select the “Hide details” option.