The new Google Pixel 6 comes with a 6.4-inch 20:9 90 Hz FHD+ (1080 x 2340) OLED 411 ppi screen while the Google Pixel 6 Pro comes with a 6.7-inch 19.5:9 120 Hz QHD+ (1440 x 3120) LTPO OLED 512 ppi screen.
You can check out this guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can prevent cracks and scratches from the display screens of these smartphones.
1. If you haven’t done so already, we recommend getting a case to protect your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro.
The official Google Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro cases offer a dual-layer protection to help absorb shocks. In addition to protecting the body, the raised edges of the case should also help protect the screen against bumps from most angles.
Furthermore, both the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro are very slippery. A case should give you a much better grip with these phones.
Both the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro cases are compatible with the wireless charging feature of the phones. These products are also made of 30% recycled materials.
The Google Pixel 6 Case is available in the Cotton Candy, Light Rain and Stormy Sky colors. The Google Pixel 6 Pro Case is available in the Cotton Candy, Golden Glow, Light Frost and Stormy Sky coloration.
If you are interested, you can purchase the official cases on Amazon with the following links:
2. We also recommend getting a screen protector as it will prevent most scratches and cracks from most sharp objects making direct contact with the screen of your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro.
The following products have been confirmed to be fully compatible with these Google phones and should work well with the on-screen fingerprint sensor:
- OtterBox Google Pixel Pixel 6 Clearly Protected Film Screen Protector
- OtterBox Google Pixel Pixel 6 Pro Clearly Protected Film Screen Protector
- PanzerGlass Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Google Pixel 6
- PanzerGlass TPU Screen Protector for Google Pixel 6 Pro
- ZAGG Glass Elite for Google Pixel 6
- ZAGG Glass Curve Elite for Google Pixel 6 Pro
3. You should also avoid exposing your Pixel to extreme temperatures as it may damage your screen. To find out how to prevent these phones from overheating, you can take a look at this guide.
4. As we stated above, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are very slippery if you aren’t using a case. Therefore, you need to place the device carefully.
Both smartphones should be place on a flat surface. You should also avoid putting the phone near the edge as it can easily fall off when vibrating.
5. When putting the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro in a pocket, avoid placing it in the same pocket as your keys or other hard objects as you many end up cracking, crushing and/or scratching the screen.
You should also avoid using the back pocket as you may accidentally cause damage if you sit on your Google smartphone.
Can you still use Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro with a cracked screen?
Google does not recommend using the Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro with a cracked screen as doing so may cause the phone to overheat. Not to mention that the cracked part of the display could injure you.
Are Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro cracked screen covered under warranty?
A cracked screen of your Google Pixel 6 or Google Pixel 6 Pro is considered to be accidental and a result normal wear-and-tear. Therefore, it is not covered the default warranty that came with the purchase of the product.
How to repair a cracked screen on Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro