One of the most common problems with the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro is recognizing fingerprints.
You can check out this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech to see how you can fix the fingerprint unlock issues with these smartphones.
How to increase touch screen sensitivity on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
Increasing the touch screen sensitivity on the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro may help alleviate the fingerprint recognition problems.
In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
1. Begin by going to the Settings app.
You can do so by swiping downwards from the top of the screen on your phone two times to show the gear icon. You then need to tap the gear icon.
Another way is to swipe upwards from an empty space on the Home screen, which should bring up the Installed Apps menu. Here, you can tap the Settings app.
2. With the Settings app opened, select Display.
3. Inside the Display menu, you should see the “Increase touch sensitivity” option.
How to add more fingerprints to unlock Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
To increase the accuracy of the fingerprint recognition, you can add more fingerprints to your Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro.
In order to do so, you need to do the following:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. From Settings, select Security.
3. In the Security menu, select Fingerprint Unlock.
4. You may be asked to unlock your phone with a PIN or other methods.
5. In the Fingerprint Unlock menu, select the “Add fingerprint” option.
6. In the next screen, we recommend using the same finger you used previously.
7. Follow the instructions on screen. We also recommend trying different angles and applying different amount of pressure than you did originally to the touch screen of your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 phone.
8. Once you are done, you can add another fingerprint profile. We recommend using the same finger again. You should also use different angles and apply different pressures than you did before.
9. You can have up to 5 fingerprints stored on the Google Pixel 6 and Google Pixel 6 Pro. Therefore, you should repeat these steps over and over again to improve the accuracy of the fingerprint unlock. Keep in mind that you can also delete other fingerprint profiles as well if you need additional adjustments after reaching the maximum amount.
How to improve fingerprint unlock on Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro
There are also a few steps you can personally take to make sure that the fingerprint is recognized:
The first of which is to make sure that the finger is clean.
You should also make sure that the screen of your Google Pixel 6 or Google Pixel 6 Pro is also clean. You can check out this tutorial to see how you can properly clean the screen of your phone.
When using fingerprint unlock, you need to hold your finger still with no movement. Do not let go until you feel the phone vibrate.
If you installed a screen protector to your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro after setting up your fingerprints, then we recommend that you delete all your fingerprint profiles that you have stored on your phone and then add new fingerprints.
You can also try using a different finger if your phone still has a hard time recognizing your fingerprints.