When using your Google Pixel 6 or Google Pixel 6 Pro, there may be times where you can’t unlock your phone due to the fingerprint sensor is not working properly and you forgetting the pattern, PIN or password.
You can check out this troubleshooting guide to see how you can potentially fix this issue.
1. If you can’t unlock your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro by using the fingerprint sensor, then you can take a look at this guide to see what can be done to fix this issue.
2. If you have the Smart Lock enabled then you can do the following:
- If you are using on-body detection, make sure that your phone is next to your body.
- If you are using trusted places, then make sure that the phone is within range of the trusted location.
- If you are using trusted devices, then that the phone is within range and connected to the trusted Bluetooth device.
3. If you can’t unlock your Google Pixel 6 or Google Pixel 6 Pro by using your fingerprint, pattern, PIN, password, and smart lock then the only option you have left is to factory reset your phone.
Factory resetting the Google Pixel 6 or Google Pixel 6 Pro will delete all your personal data, including the aforementioned unlock settings. As a result, you will lose all files and settings that haven’t been backed up to the cloud.
In order to factory reset a locked Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro phone, you need to take the following steps:
- Press both the power button and the volume up button at the same time to bring up the power and emergency menu.
- In the power and emergency menu, select the “Power off” option.
- With your smartphone turned off, press and hold both the power button and the volume down button at the same time. You should feel your phone rumble and see a text-only menu show up on the screen.
- In this menu, use the volume up and volume up buttons to get to the Recovery Mode selection.
- Press the power button to head into Recovery Mode.
- Next, you will find a “No command” screen with the green Android robot. Here you need to press and hold the power button.
- With the power button held down, press the volume up button. This should bring you to the Android Recovery menu.
- Inside the Android Recovery, use the volume up and volume down buttons to highlight the “Wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Press the power button to select “Wipe data/factory reset.”
- In the next screen, use the volume up and volume down buttons to highlight the “Factory data reset” option.
- Press the power button to start the factory reset process.
- After factory resetting your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro, you need to initialize the phone again just like the first time you turn it on.
- During this process, you should be asked to set your fingerprint unlock and PIN unlock. This time, make sure you remember your newly-set PIN code or keep it somewhere safe so that you won’t have to factory reset your phone again.
- During the initialization process, you should also be asked to download any backup data you previously have stored on the cloud.