Last Updated on 05/25/2023
You are able to play Pistol Whip while sitting down with your PlayStation VR2. To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
1. It is important to note that you can only change the play style for Pistol Whip when you boot up the game. You won’t be able to change to the seated position even if you close the game and then try to re-open it.
Instead, you have to restart your PS5. To do so, press the PS button and then select the Power option located at the bottom-side menu. Finally select the Restart PS5 option from the pop-up window.
2. Next, you need to put on the PS VR2 headset and then turn on the left and right PlayStation VR2 Sense controllers.
3. Once you have the virtual reality components set up, open Pistol Whip.
4. After scanning your room, the game will ask you to set your play area. Make sure you select the Stay Seated option.
5. You should now be able to play Pistol Whip while seated.
6. Keep in mind that you have to move your head around when playing this action rhythm game as you need to avoid bullets and obstacles. Therefore, you should make sure that you have enough room to maneuver your head and arms around.
7. Inside of the game, you can also adjust the height of your character.
To do so, you need to head to the Settings menu to find the Adjust Height slider.
8. If you manage to unlock styles in Pistol Whip, then you can also enable some mods in the game that will make playing the game while seated easier.
In order to do so, look to your left to find the Styles menu before you start a level in Arcade Mode. From there, you can turn on the following:
- Low Velocity
Bulletproof will make you invincible, which means that you don’t have to restart the entire stage if you managed to die. Bottomless will make it so that you never have to reload. Unobstructed will remove any obstacles so that you don’t have to move your head too much. Love Velocity means that the bullets will arrive at slower speed, giving you more time to move your head.
There are other modifications that you may want to enable from the Styles menu as well.