In 2021, Addlink released three M.2 solid state drive that were designed to be compatible with the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
You can check out this step-by-step guide at Seeking Tech to see how you can install the A90, A92 and A95 to your console.
Moving important data off of A90, A92 and A95
In order to use the Addlink AddGame A90, A92 or A95 with the PlayStation 5, you will need to format the solid state drive. This process will delete all files you have installed on the SSD.
So, if you used A90, A92 or A95 before, then we recommend moving any important files you have installed on the solid state drive before you insert it on your game console.
Updating the PS5 firmware
Support for M.2 solid state drives such as the A90, A92 and A95 were only added to the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition systems recently through a firmware update. So, if you haven’t done so already, you should make sure that firmware on your console is up to date.
How to insert A90, A92 or A95 to PS5
After meeting the aforementioned prerequisites, you should now insert your Addlink AddGame A90, A92 or A95 solid state drive to your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition system.
In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
1. If you haven’t done so already, you need to completely turn off your PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition console.
To do so, press the PS button on your controller. Afterwards, select the Power option on the bottom right. In the Power menu, select the Turn Off PS5 option.
2. With your system shut down, remove the HDMI cable, power cable and other cables you have connected to it.
3. You should also remove stand from your console.
4. Next, you need to lie your PS5 down so that the PS logo is underneath.
5. You should also make sure that the backside of the console, which has the HDMI and power port, is facing you.
6. From your point of view, place your right hand on the bottom right corner as well as your left hand on the top left corner of the outer cover.
7. Lift the bottom right corner of the outer cover up with your right hand.
8. Slide the outer cover off with your left hand.
9. Now that the outer cover of your PlayStation 5 system has been removed, locate the M.2 docking bay, which should have a long rectangular metal cover over it.
10. Use a cross-head screwdriver to remove the screw holding the metal cover in place and then remove the metal cover to open the M.2 docking bay.
11. Inside the docking bay, you need to use the cross-head screwdriver again to remove the screw and spacer located at the edge of the dock.
12. Placed the spacer you removed from the previous step to the 80 hole in the docking bay.
13. You can now insert the Addlink AddGame A90, A92 or A95 SSD into the M.2 slot of your PS5 system.
Make sure that the connector aligns with the slot and then insert the SSD from a diagonally upwards position.
14. After inserting the A90, A92 or A95 to your PS5, push down on the opposite end and then use the screw you previously removed from step #11 to fasten the SSD in place.
15. Afterwards, place the metal cover back on and the use the screw you previously removed from step #10 to secure the cover.
16. Slide the outer cover back into place to complete the insertion part of this setup.
How to format A90, A92 or A95 for PS5
After inserting the AddGame A90, A92 or A95 into your PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition system, you then need to format it.
In order to do so, you need to do the following:
1. If you haven’t done so already, plugged the power and HDMI cable back into your system.
2. Power on your PS5.
3. During the startup process, you should see a M.2 SSD Storage screen that will ask you to format your inserted storage drive.
4. Press the PS button on your DualSense controller to turn it on.
5. Afterwards, select the Format M.2 SSD option.
6. After the formatting process has been completed, you should see a screen that shows off the sequential read speed of your AddGame when it is being used by the PlayStation 5.
7. Select the OK option to complete the formatting process and go to the Home Screen.
Where to find A90, A92 or A95 in the PS5 menus
If you have a hard time finding your newly installed AddGame A90, A92 or A95 in the menus of the PlayStation 5, you can do the following:
1. Once you get to the Home Screen, select Settings, which you can find on the upper right corner of the menu.
2. Inside the Settings menu, select Storage from the list of options.
3. In the Storage menu, select M.2 SSD Storage on the left column.
4. On the right side in the same menu, you should see your installed A90, A92 or A95 solid state drive.
The Storage menu on the PlayStation 5 can also be used to move game between different storages, delete games, reformat the M.2 SSD and change the default installation location.