When using your Sony A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K, the volume may be too low or be completely muted.
To see how you can fix both of these sound output issues, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech.
How to fix no sound issues for TV speakers
If you are trying to get sound from the TV speakers, then make sure that you set the sound output correctly by taking the following steps:
1. Press the home button on the remote control of your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K.
2. Next, you need to select Settings.
3. You then need to select AV Setup or Sound.
4. Make sure that you set the sound out to TV Speakers.
How to fix no sound issues for earphones and headphones
If you aren’t getting any sound when using the audio out connection of your A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K or Z9K, then you can try doing the following:
1. On the remote, press the home button.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Go to Sound.
4. Select Headphone/Audio Out.
5. Select Headphone.
6. Select Ok.
How to fix no sound issues for audio system, theater system, wireless subwoofer and wireless speaker
If you aren’t getting any sound with your connected home audio system, home theater system, wireless subwoofer or wireless surround sound, then you the first step you can take is to make sure that you are connecting these devices correctly.
If your device supports ARC, then make sure you are connecting it to the correct HDMI input that supports HDMI ARC.
For the wireless subwoofer and wireless speakers, make sure that there aren’t any obstacles that may be blacking the direct line between the sound output devices and your television set.
Other wireless devices, such as a Wi-Fi router or microwave, may also cause interference. So, if you have other wireless devices nearby, you can try turning them off or moving them further away from your TV and wireless speakers.
Furthermore, you should make sure that you set up AV support correctly by doing the following:
1. On the remote controller, press the home button.
2. You then need to head to Settings.
3. Afterwards, go to AV Setup or Sound.
4. Finally, make sure that the sound output is set to AV Setup.
If you correctly setup your sound output preferences and are still getting low volume or no sound at all, then you can try the following general fixes:
1. Make sure that you didn’t accidentally mute your television, media player, external input device and/or audio device.
2. Turn off your television set and the audio device. Unplug the power cord of the TV, as well as the audio device if applicable, from the power outlet. Wait for at least two minutes before plugging both back into the power outlet and then turn them on again.
3. Update the firmware versions of the audio device as well as your television set.
To see how you can download and install the latest available firmware for the A80K, A90K, A95K, X80K, X85K, X90K, X95K and Z9K, you can take a look at this article.
4. You can also try factor resetting your audio device as well as your TV.