Last Updated on 04/02/2023
The Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 is an expensive 4K curved gaming monitor. To see how you can properly clean this screen, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
What cleaning cloth and solution should you use for Samsung Odyssey Neo G8?
If you are only cleaning off a thin layer dust, then you can simply use a dry cloth for this monitor. For harder to remove spots, you can use plain water or highly-concentrated isopropyl alcohol.
If you are looking for specific product recommendations, then we will be using the MagicFiber Microfiber Cleaning Cloth and MG Chemicals 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol Electronics Cleaner. You can find both of these products on Amazon, if you are interested, with the following links:
How to clean the Odyssey Neo G8 monitor
In order to clean the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8, you can try taking the following steps:
1. To start off, you need to turn off your monitor.
2. With the screen turned off, unplug it from the power outlet. You should also unplug any DisplayPort, HDMI, USB and other cables you have connected to the screen.
3. If the power cable and/or AC/DC adapter are dusty, then you can wipe off the dust particles by using a dry cloth.
4. Next, you may want to apply a cleaning solution to a cleaning cloth.
You do not want to put any solution directly on your monitor as it could easily seep into the internals of your Odyssey Neo G8 if you aren’t careful and cause liquid damage.
For the cloth, make sure it is lint-free as any rough objects may scratch the screen.
You should also make sure that the cloth isn’t too damp in order to prevent water damage. If it is, then you need to squeeze out the excess liquid before you continue.
5. Next, you can start wiping your gaming monitor.
Make sure you wipe gently on the screen display area as you don’t want to press too hard on it as doing so may cause scratches as well as other issues.
We also recommend using a circular motion so that you don’t leave any streaks after wiping.
6. Once you are done with the cleaning process, you need to wait until the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 dries up at room temperature.
You can speed up this drying process by putting a fan near your monitor as it will provide better air circulation.
You should avoid using any heat source, such as a hair blow dryer, as you could need up causing heat damage to the screen.
7. Once the monitor has dried, you can plug it back into the power outlet. You can also reconnect the DisplayPort, HDMI, USB and other cables you have previously plugged into the monitor.
8. It should now be safe to turn on and then start using your Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 normally again.