A new feature was recently added to the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X where your television set will automatically switch to the input that is playing your console.
To see how you can use this feature, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
1. The first step you can take is to make sure that your television supports HDMI-CEC. You can try to look through the digital or physical manual to see if your TV has this feature.
2. If you believed that your television set supports HDMI-CEC, then the next step is to make sure that it is enabled on your TV.
Open the Settings menu of your TV and then check to see if there is an option to turn on HDMI-CEC or something similar to it.
3. Once you have your television ready, turn on your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X.
4. Next, you need to head over to the Settings menu on your game system.
If you can’t find Settings from the home screen, then you can do the following:
- Press the Xbox button on the controller.
- In the Guide menu, press RB button several times until you get to the “Profile & system” tab.
- Next, you need to select Settings.
5. From the Settings menu, select General on the left column.
6. On the right side of the same menu, you then need to select “Sleep mode & startup.”
7. Inside the “General – Sleep mode & startup” menu, you need to select “TV & A/V power options” on the left column.
8. In the “General – TV & A/V power options” menu, make sure that HDMI-CEC is enabled.
9. In the same screen, you then need to enable the “Switch TV input using controller” setting.
10. Press the B button on the controller to back out of the “General – TV & A/V power options” menu.
11. You should get a Restart your Xbox console notification stating that your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X needs to be restarted in order for the changes to take effect.
12. Select Restart Now.
13. Once the system has rebooted, the “Switch TV input using controller” setting will be activated.
You can test this new feature by switching your TV to a different input. Afterwards, you can press the Xbox button on your controller. If done correctly, your television set should switch to the input displaying your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S.
To see how you can turn off the Xbox button light located on your Series X or Series S, you can take a look at this guide.