Last Updated on 04/03/2023
Just like the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro, you are able to earn trophies when playing games on your PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
If you don’t want to earn trophies at all, then you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech to see you can do to potentially remove this feature.
Can you disable trophies on PlayStation 5?
The trophy feature can’t be completely disabled on the PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition.
With that said, you can easily avoid trophies by disabling its notification settings. By doing so, you won’t get a message any time you earn a trophy while playing the game. As a result, this will help you feel more immerse in your gaming experience.
How to turn off trophy notifications on the PS5 and PS5 Digital Edition
In order to turn off trophy pop-up messages on the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition, you need to take the following steps:
1. First off, make sure you are in the home screen, which is where you can select which game or media app to open.
If you aren’t then you have to press and hold the PS button on your controller to bring it up.
2. In the home screen, go to the Settings menu, which you can do so by selecting the gear icon on the top right side of the screen.
3. From the Settings menu, select Notifications, which is near the bottom of the list.
4. Inside the Notifications menu, select Trophies.
5. In the pop-up menu, you have the following options:
If you disable the Show Pop-Ups setting, then the trophy notification won’t appear when you are playing a game, watching a video or streaming your gameplay.
If you disable the During Games setting, then the trophy notification will be turned off when you are playing a game.
If you disable the During Videos setting, then the trophy notification won’t show up when you are watching a video.
If you disable the During Broadcast setting, then the trophy notification won’t show up when you are streaming your gameplay.