Finding your games on the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X can be a little tricky if you are not familiar with the menus as both consoles will only display a small list of the most recent software titles that you have played in the Home menu.
If you having a hard time finding your games on these new Microsoft gaming systems, then you can check out this step-by-step tutorial from Seeking Tech.
Finding the “My games and apps” menu
The full list of games you have on your Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X, as well as the games you have attached to your Xbox Live/Xbox Network account, can be found in the “My games and apps” menu.
There are two ways to get to this menu.
The first method is from the Home menu as you should find “My games and apps” on the second row.
The second method is from the Guide menu. You can get to the Guide menu by pressing the Xbox button, which is the big button located on the top middle on your controller. In the Guide menu, you should see “My games and apps” on the second row. Select “My games and apps” and then “See all.”
Where are your installed games on Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X?
Once you are in the “My games and apps” menu, you can take the following steps to find your installed games:
1. On the left side of the “My games and apps” menu, select Games.
2. On the right side of the same menu, you will see a list of games you have currently installed on the system.
If you have a lot of games, then you can use the sort, filter and search options at the top.
You can sort your games based on the following criteria:
- A – Z
- Group by letter
- Group by console type
- Sort by Size
- Sort by last used
- Sort by last update
You also have the following filter options:
- All console types
- Optimized for Xbox Serie X/S games
- Xbox One X Enhanced games
- Xbox One games
- Xbox 360 & Xbox games
Number of Players:
- Any number of players
- Local multiplayer
- Online multiplayer
- Local co-op
- Online co-op
- Any genre
- Action & adventure
- Card & board
- Family & kids
- Multi-player online battle arena
- Puzzle & trivia
- Racing & flying
How to find your games that are not installed on Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X
To find games you have attached to your Xbox Live/Xbox Network account that are not currently installed on your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X console, you can do the following:
1. On the left side of the “My games and apps” menu, select the “Full library” option.
2. On the right side of the same menu, select the “All owned games” option.
3. In the “Full library- All owned games” menu, you should see all the digital games you have attached to your Xbox Live account. The list includes the software titles you have purchased in addition to the free games you have downloaded.
4. If you have a lot of games, you can use the top options to sort, filter and search.
How to find Game Pass, EA Play, Games with Gold on Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X
In order to find games from subscription services such as Xbox Game Pass, EA Play and Games with Gold, you can try taking the following steps:
1. Return to the aforementioned “My games and apps” menu and then select “Full library” from the options available on the left side.
2. In the “Full library” menu, you will see options for Xbox Game Pass, EA Play and Games with Gold.
Select the subscription service that your games are tied to.
3. In the “Full library – Game Pass games,” “Full library – EA Play games” and “Full library – Games with Gold” menu, you can also use the sort, filter and search options to find the game you are looking for.