If you are having issues with your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E being offline, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech to see what necessary steps you can take in order to fix this issue.
Before we begin, it is important to note that this article will be covering the eero Wi-Fi 6 routers. With that said, these potential solutions should also be applicable to the older eero routers as well.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to make sure that your eero routers, as well as the modem, are actually plugged into the power outlets.
You should also make sure that the power outlets are functioning normally; if not then you can plug your networking devices into a different power source.
2. You should also make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected properly between your modem and the gateway router.
For the uninformed, the gateway router is the primary one that is directly connected to your modem. When connecting, you should hear a click, which indicates that the wired connection is successful.
3. We also recommend that you inspect your Ethernet cable, as well as the Ethernet ports of your gateway router and modem, to see if there are any potential damage.
4. If your networking device is properly powered on and connected, then the next step you can try is to power cycle your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E routers.
In order to do so, you will need to take the following steps:
- Start by unplugging your eero routers from the power outlets.
- You should then wait for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Afterwards, plug the eero routers back into the power outlets.
- Wait for the routers to boot up and connect to your modem. This process can take several minutes.
5. If power cycling your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E did not make the offline issue go away, then you can also try power cycling your modem.
To do so, you can try doing the following:
- Unplug the modem from the power outlet.
- You should then wait for at least 30 seconds.
- After waiting, plug the modem back into the power outlet.
- Next, we recommend giving your modem and eero routers several minutes to connect to each other.
- After waiting, you can try testing to see if your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E routers are online.
6. If your routers are still offline, then your problem may be related to your Internet Service Provider.
In this case, we recommend contacting your ISP to see if there is a network outage. You can also ask if there are any recent changes that may be causing your routers to go offline.
7. If you still can’t get your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E online, then we recommend that you contact eero to get additional support.
If you want to connect a printer to your eero Wi-Fi 6 router by using a wired or wireless connection, then you can take a look at this tutorial.