The 2022 Roku Ultra, which has a model number of 4802R, comes with a voice remote included inside the box.
If this remote isn’t working as intended, or at all, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech to see what you can do.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to try to recharge the built-in battery of your 2022 Roku Ultra remote. In order to do so, you can use the USB charging cable that came with the media player.
Connect the micro-USB end of the cable to the remote and then the other end of the cable to a USB power source. The source could be your 2022 Roku Ultra, computer, as well as other devices that are capable of recharging through the USB connection.
If done correctly, you should see the status light blinking at the back of the remote. If you don’t see the indicator blinking, then you can try charging to a different USB power source. You can also try using a different USB cable.
2. If you believe that your 2022 Roku Ultra issue is not related to its battery life, then you can try power cycling your 2022 Roku Ultra and its remote.
To do so, we recommend that you take the following steps:
- Unplug the media player from the power outlet.
- You then need to wait for at least 5 seconds.
- Afterwards, plug the device back into the power outlet.
- Once the 2022 Roku Ultra has boot back up to its home screen, press and hold the pairing button at the back of the remote for at least 20 seconds.
- You should see the remote’s status light slowly flash green at first before stopping. Afterwards, it should start to flash more rapidly. At this point, you can release your hold of the pairing button to complete the reboot process for the remote.
- Give your remote at least 30 seconds to connect to the 2022 Roku Ultra. To confirm that a connection has been established, you can press the microphone button on the remote after 30 seconds have passed to see if something shows up on screen.
3. If the 2022 Roku Ultra remote still isn’t responsive, then you can re-pair it again to the media player.
In order to do so, you need to press and hold the pairing button at the back of the remote for at least 5 seconds. The status light on the remote should then start to flash green.
4. If your Wi-Fi router is nearby, then you may want to move it further away from the 2022 Roku Ultra.
5. If you can’t move your Wi-Fi router, then you can try switching to the 5 GHz wireless network.
6. If your router only supports the 2.4 wireless network, then you can try using the 1, 6, or 11 channels.
7. If your 2022 Roku Ultra remote controller isn’t working as intended and the back feels hot when touched, then its internal battery may be damaged.
In this case, you should stop using and/or recharging the remote immediately. Instead, you need to get a brand new remote for the streaming device.