In 2023, TCL released the QM8, also known as the QM850G, to the general public. If you purchase this Mini LED television and would like to install it on a wall, then you can take a look at this mounting bracket guide from Seeking Tech.
QM8 Screen Sizes
We will be covering all four screen sizes of the QM8 series. You can find the model number for each of these below:
- TCL 65″ Q Class 4K MINI-LED QLED HDR Smart TV (65QM850G)
- TCL 75″ Q Class 4K MINI-LED QLED HDR Smart TV (75QM850G)
- TCL 85″ Q Class 4K MINI-LED QLED HDR Smart TV (85QM850G)
- TCL 98″ Q Class 4K MINI-LED QLED HDR Smart TV (98QM850G)
QM8 Dimensions (without Stand)
The smallest QM8 still measures in at around 65 inches diagonally; thus, you need to make sure you have enough room on your wall for your big TV.
If you are planning to install the television set on a dry wall, then you can only do so on the parts that are supported by studs. To find these parts on the wall, you may need to get a stud finder.
You can find the dimension measurements of the QM8 series below:
Dimensions without Stand (in inches):
- 65” TCL QM8: 56.9 inches x 32.6 inches x 1.7 inch
- 75” TCL QM8: 65.8 inches x 37.9 inches x 1.9 inch
- 85” TCL QM8: 74.6 inches x 43.0 inches x 2.1 inch
- 98” TCL QM8: 85.8 inches x 49.2 inches x 1.6 inch
Dimensions without Stand (in millimeters):
- 65” TCL QM8: 1445 mm x 828 mm x 43 mm
- 75” TCL QM8: 1671 mm x 963 mm x 48 mm
- 85” TCL QM8: 1895 mm x 1092 mm x 53 mm
- 98” TCL QM8: 2179 mm x 1250 mm x 41 mm
Dimensions without Stand (in centimeters):
- 65” TCL QM8: 144.5 cm x 82.8 cm x 4.3 cm
- 75” TCL QM8: 167.1 cm x 96.3 cm x 4.8 cm
- 85” TCL QM8: 189.5 cm x 109.2 cm x 5.3 cm
- 98” TCL QM8: 217.9 cm x 125.0 cm x 4.1 cm
QM8 Weight (without Stand)
The weight capacity of the wall mount is also very important, especially if you have one of the bigger screen sizes. If the mounting bracket isn’t strong enough to hold the TV, then it will end up collapsing and the set may even crash down.
You can find the weight specifications of all four screen sizes, without the TV stand installed, below:
Weight without Stand (in pounds):
- 65” TCL QM8: 50.1 pounds
- 75” TCL QM8: 68.6 pounds
- 85” TCL QM8: 105.6 pounds
- 98” TCL QM8: 143.3 pounds
Weight without Stand (in kilograms):
- 65” TCL QM8: 23 kg
- 75” TCL QM8: 31 kg
- 85” TCL QM8: 48 kg
- 98” TCL QM8: 65 kg
QM8 VESA Mounting Pattern
The VESA Mounting Pattern refers to horizontal and vertical distances between the four mounting screw holes located on the back of the QM8. The TV mount must support the pattern or else you won’t be able to attach it.
You can find the screw hole distances below:
- 65” TCL QM8: 300 mm x 400 mm
- 75” TCL QM8: 400 mm x 400 mm
- 85” TCL QM8: 600 mm x 600 mm
- 98” TCL QM8: 600 mm x 600 mm
QM8 Mounting Screw Size
To attach the mounting bracket to the back side of your QM8, you need to use the appropriate screw size. You can check out the recommended sizes below:
- 65” TCL QM8: M6 x 12mm
- 75” TCL QM8: M6 x 15mm
- 85” TCL QM8: M8 x 20mm
- 98” TCL QM8: M8 x 10mm
What wall mounts are compatible with the TCL QM8 and QM850G?
When it comes to picking the right wall mount for your QM8/QM850G, you need to pay attention to its weight capacity and VESA Mounting Pattern.
The 65-inch model weighs in at 50.1 lbs. with a rather unusual 300 mm x 400 mm pattern.
For the 75-inch screen size, the mount needs to be able to hold at least 68.6 lbs. and fit the 400 mm x 400 mm mounting pattern.
If you got yourself the 85-inch version, then the mounting bracket needs to be strong enough to hold 105.6 lbs. in addition to supporting the 600 mm x 600 mm pattern on the back side of your TV.
For the biggest size, the 98-incher, you will need to find a wall mount strong enough to hold a minimum of 143.3 lbs. while also being able to fit the 600 mm x 600 mm VESA Mounting Pattern.
When it comes to the recommended screw size, some of the wall mounts may come with a variety of screws. Of course, you can also purchase the screw size separately for your TV.
There are three main wall mount types available as you can choose between fixed, tilting or full motion. You can check out our buyer’s guide with this link if you want specific product recommendations for your QM8/QM850G.