A recent firmware update for the PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 5 Digital Edition makes it easier to view hidden trophies.
You can follow this guide at Seeking Tech to see you can do so.
Why trophies are hidden on PlayStation 5
Before we begin, it is important to note that game developers hide trophies in order to prevent spoilers. So, if you are sensitive to being spoiled, we don’t recommend viewing hidden trophies until you at least beat the main campaign of a game.
How to view hidden PS5 trophies from the system menu
In order to view hidden trophies from the system menu on the PlayStation 5, you need to do the following:
1. First off, you need to access the Trophies menu.
To access the Trophies menu from the home screen, which is the main menu you use to select a videogame to play, you need to select your profile picture that is located on the top right corner of the screen.
To access the Trophies menu while playing a game, press the PS button on your DualSense to bring up the control center quick menu. In the control center, navigate down and then to the right. You need to select your profile picture, which should be between the controller and power icons. Alternatively, you can simply press and hold the PS button while playing a game to got to the home screen.
3. In the Profile pop-up menu, select the Trophies option.
4. In the Trophies menu, you will see a list of games that you must recently played in descending order. Here, you need to select the game in which you want view to its hidden trophies.
5. In the game’s trophy menu, you will see its trophies. You will be able to sort, by selecting the “Sort by” option or pressing the square button on your DualSense, with the following criteria:
- Game Default
- Not Earned
- Rarity (from Ultra Rare to Common order)
- Earned Date (from New to Old order)
- Grade (from Platinum to Bronze order)
Select the hidden trophy that you want to view with the X button on your DualSense.
6. In the pop-up menu, press the square button on your DualSense to shown the hidden trophy information.
You should be able to see the trophy’s title, description and grade.