In 2021, Samsung released the Q60A, Q70A and Q80A QLED 4K Smart TVs as well as the Q85A and QN90A Neo QLED 4K Smart TVs.
If you want to update these television sets to the latest available firmware, then you can follow this Seeking Tech guide.
This tutorial will cover the following screen sizes of the Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A and QN90A:
- 43” Q60A (QN43Q60AAFXZA)
- 50” Q60A (QN50Q60AAFXZA)
- 55” Q60A (QN55Q60AAFXZA)
- 60” Q60A (QN60Q60AAFXZA)
- 65” Q60A (QN65Q60AAFXZA)
- 70” Q60A (QN70Q60AAFXZA)
- 75” Q60A (QN75Q60AAFXZA)
- 85” Q60A (QN85Q60AAFXZA)
- 55” Q70A (QN55Q70AAFXZA)
- 65″ Q70A (QN65Q70AAFXZA)
- 75″ Q70A (QN75Q70AAFXZA)
- 85″ Q70A (QN85Q70AAFXZA)
- 55″ Q80A (QN55Q80AAFXZA)
- 65″ Q80A (QN65Q80AAFXZA)
- 75″ Q80A (QN75Q80AAFXZA)
- 85″ Q80A (QN85Q80AAFXZA)
- 55″ QN85A (QN55QN85AAFXZA)
- 65″ QN85A (QN65QN85AAFXZA)
- 75″ QN85A (QN85QN85AAFXZA)
- 85″ QN85A (QN85QN85AAFXZA)
- 55″ QN90A (QN55QN90AAFXZA)
- 65″ QN90A (QN65QN90AAFXZA)
- 75″ QN90A (QN75QN90AAFXZA)
- 85″ QN90A (QN85QN90AAFXZA)
If you have any of the aforementioned TV models, then you might want to check out our wall mount buyer’s guide with this link.
To upgrade to the latest firmware for the Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A or QN90A over the Internet, you will need to connect your television set online. You have two options as you can pick between wired Ethernet LAN or Wi-Fi.
How to set up a wired Internet connection with Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A and QN90A
To set up a wired Internet connection for your Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A or QN90A, you need to take the following steps:
1. Connect a 100/10 Mbps LAN cable to Ethernet port of the TV. Make sure to connect the other end to the access point for your Internet connection.
2. Afterwards, press the Home button on the remote and then go to Settings.
3. Select General.
4. Select Network.
5. Select Open Network Settings.
6. Finally, select Wired to set up the wired internet connection.
How to set up a Wi-Fi connection with Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A and QN90A
To set up a Wi-Fi connection with your Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A or QN90A, you need to the following:
1. Press the Home button on the remote.
2. Go to Settings.
3. Go to General.
4. Go to Network.
5. Go to Open Network Settings.
6. Go to Wireless.
7. Select your Wi-Fi network.
8. Input your SSID and security key.
9. If you have a WPS or PBC button on your access point, you can select the Use WPS from the TV menu. You will then have two minutes to press the WPS or PBC button on your access point to complete the wireless Internet setup.
How to update Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A and QN90A firmware using the Internet
1. Now that your Samsung television set is connected to the Internet, you can press the home button on the remote and go to Settings again.
2. Go to Support.
3. Go to Sofware Update.
4. Finally, go to Auto Update. With this option, your television set will automatically detect any new firmware files.
How to update Q60A, Q70A, Q80A, Q85A and QN90A firmware using USB drive
Updating the firmware for your 2021 Samsung QLED or Neo QLED by using an USB drive is a lot more complicated. So, if possible, we recommend connecting your television set to the internet to update to the latest software version straight from your TV.
If you still want to update the firmware via an USB drive, you should take the following steps:
1. Make sure that you have an USB drive that you can connect to your television set. You will also need a computer to download the firmware file and transfer it over to the USB drive.
2. Once you have all the required hardware, press the Home button on your remote.
3. Select Settings.
4. Select Support.
5. Select About TV.
6. Here, you will be able to see the model number and software version of your television set.
7. Now, turn on your computer and then locate the product page of your television model. We included the links to the pages below:
- Q60A QLED 4K Smart TV
- Q70A QLED 4K Smart TV
- Q80A QLED 4K Smart TV
- QN85A Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV
- QN90A Samsung Neo QLED 4K Smart TV
Make sure that you have the same screen size and model number on the product page as your television set. If not, you can change the screen size under the “Select your TV Size” option.
8. If the product page matches your TV, click on Support from the tab just below the name of the TV. This will scroll you down to the Support section.
9. In the Support Section, click on the See All Support link.
10. In the Support page for your television set, click on Downloads.
11. If you see a firmware file that does not match the software version of your television set. Click on the Download button to download the firmware file to your computer.
12. Connect your USB drive to your computer.
13. Locate the zip file you downloaded on your computer and then unzip it.
14. Copy the content from the unzipped file to the root directory of your USB drive.
15. Disconnect the USB drive from your computer and then connect it to the USB port of the television set.
16. Your TV should automatically detect the file on you USB drive, which will initiate the firmware update.
17. Afterwards, you can go back to Settings > Support > About TV to check the if you have updated to the latest software version of your television set.