The eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 and eero Pro 6E are capable of blocking websites. If you want to unblock blacklisted sites on these Wi-Fi 6 mesh routers, then you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech to see how to properly do so.
Before we start, we should note that, while this article is based on the eero 6 series, it should be applicable to the other eero routers as well.
How to unblock websites with eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E
If you are using only one profile on your eero account, then you can unblock a website on your eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E by taking the following steps:
1. If you haven’t done so already, start by opening the eero app or your smartphone or mobile device.
2. If opening the application doesn’t automatically sign you into your eero account, then make you log in before you continue.
3. Once you have access to your eero account, tap Discover.
4. Next, you need to tap the eero Secure option.
5. You then need to tap Block & Allow Sites.
6. You should see a list of websites that are currently blocked by your eero router. Here, you need to select the website that you want to be whitelisted.
7. After selecting a site, you should see a notification. Select Delete Site to continue.
8. A confirmation message should then appear. Select Delete Site again to remove the website from the blocked list.
How to unblock websites with eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 or eero Pro 6E if you have multiple profiles
If you have multiple profiles in your eero account, then you need to do following in order to unblock a website on your eero router:
1. Open the eero app and the sign into your eero account.
2. Next, you need to select the profile in which you want to unblock the website for.
3. Afterwards, tap Block & Allow Sites.
4. You then need to select a blocked site from the list.
5. After selecting a website, you need to select Delete Site.
6. You need to select Delete Site again when you see “Are you sure you want to delete this site?” message.
After removing the website from the Blocked list, you should be able to access it. With that said, the eero router may end up taking several hours to whitelist the site.
To potentially speed up this process, you can power cycle your eero network. In order to do so, unplug all your routers from the power outlet, wait for at least 30 seconds and then re-plug them back in. Next, you simply wait until your eero network goes back online again before you test to see if you are able to access the previously blocked website.
If you want to block the site again, then you can take a look at this article to see how you can properly do so. To find out what the main differences are between the eero 6, eero 6+, eero Pro 6 and eero Pro 6E, you can check out this comparison.