The Google Pixel Buds A-Series doesn’t have a traditional method where you can turn both earbuds completely off. Instead, you should be able to put them to sleep to save on battery life. In order to do so, you can check out this step-by-step guide at Seeking Tech.
Method #1: Using the Charging Case
The first method is relatively simple as you simply need to remove both earbuds from your ears and then place them into the charging case. This will disconnect the buds from your connected device. If your charging case still have some battery capacity, then this will also recharge the Pixel Buds A-Series when you close the top of the case.
Make sure you place the ear buds in the correct compartments of the charging case. They should snap into place thanks to the magnets.
To turn your Pixel Buds back on, simply put both earbuds back into your ears and they should automatically connect to your device.
Method #2: Disconnecting the Google Pixel Buds A-Series
You can also disconnect the Google Pixel Buds A-Series through the Bluetooth menu on the connected device.
For example, if you have a Google Pixel 6 of Google Pixel 6 Pro, you can do the following:
1. Go to the Settings app.
2. Inside of Settings, select the “Connected devices” option.
3. In the “Connected devices” menu, select the cog wheel icon to the right of your Pixel Buds A-Series.
4. After getting to the “Device details” menu of your Google Pixel Buds A-Series, select the Disconnect option. This will disconnect your earbuds and put them to sleep.
5. After disconnecting your wireless buds, we recommend placing them into the charging case for safe storage. Not to mention that the case will also recharge your buds.
6. If you want to turn the Pixel Buds A-Series back on again after disconnecting it from your device, make sure to put the buds back into your ears. Afterwards, go back to the aforementioned “Connected devices” menu on your device and then select Pixel Buds A-Series.