Last Updated on 04/04/2023
The Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X consoles come with a feature that lets you track bandwidth usage. If you want to see how much of the Internet your game system is using over a period of time, then you can check out this step-by-step tutorial at Seeking Tech.
Where to find Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X bandwidth usage data
To find the bandwidth usage stats for your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X console, you need to take the following steps:
1. First off, if you haven’t done so already, turn on your console in addition to your console’s controller.
2. Next, you need to press the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the Guide quick menu.
For the uninformed, the Xbox button should be lit up on your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X controller.
3. After getting to the Guide menu, you need to navigate over to the Profile & system tab.
You can switch tabs by using the LB/RB buttons, left/right directional buttons on the D-Pad or by moving the left analog stick to the left or right.
4. After getting to the Profile & system tab in the Guide menu, scroll downwards and then select Settings.
To select, you need to press the A button on your controller.
5. Now that you are in the Settings menu, you first need to select General from the left column.
6. In the same menu, you then need to select Network settings on the right side.
7. Inside of the Network menu, select Bandwidth usage.
In the Bandwidth usage menu, you will see the following categories:
The “Current usage” category shows how much bandwidth your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X data is currently using at this moment.
The “Total usage this period” category shows much data is being used over the length of the time period.
The “Time period” category shows the date range of the current time period that is being tracked.
The “Reset on this day” option lets you set when you would like the time period to end. You can choose anywhere from the first day of the month to all the way to the last day of the month. This option is really helpful if you want to align the bandwidth tracking of your Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X console to the bandwidth tracking cycle from your internet service provider.
The usage over the last 12 hours category shows the amount of Internet bandwidth used over the last 12 hours on an hourly basis.
Finally, the Historical bandwidth usage category shows the amount of bandwidth used by your console over the previous time periods.
How accurate is the bandwidth usage data on Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X?
According to Microsoft, the bandwidth usage data shown on the Xbox Series S or Xbox Series X is an estimation for the console only.
The bandwidth usage data from your internet service provider will most likely be different, especially if you have other devices connected to the Internet.