If you got the new DualSense Edge premium controller for your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console, then you need to pair the gamepad first before you can use it. To find out how to do so, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
How to pair DualSense Edge to PS5 by using USB
The fastest way to pair the DualSense Edge to your PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console is by using the wired method. In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
1. For the first step, make sure you turn on your gaming system if you haven’t done so already.
You can do so by pressing the PS button on another controller you have already paired to your PS5. Alternatively, you can press the power button located directly on the system.
2. With the system turned on, connect the DualSense Edge to one of the USB Type-A ports of your console. For the uninformed, the PS5 features one USB Type-A port on the front side and two more USB Type-A ports on the back.
You need to use the USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable type. The premium braided one that came with the DualSense Edge controller, as well as the one that you get with your PlayStation 5 console, should both work.
Connect the smaller USB Type-C end to the top of the DualSense Edge and the bigger USB Type-A end of the cable to one of the available USB Type-A ports of your PS5.
3. After connecting the controller via USB, press the PS button on the Edge in order to turn it on and pair it with your console.
4. You should now be able to use the DualSense Edge on your PS5. If you want to, you can unplug the USB cable to use the gamepad as a wireless controller.
How to wirelessly pair DualSense Edge to PS5
If you can’t find a USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable, then you can try to wirelessly pair the DualSense Edge to your PlayStation 5 by doing the following:
1. To start off, make sure you turn off the DualSense Edge if you haven’t done so already. It shouldn’t be displaying or flashing any lights.
In order to turn off your controller, you can try pressing and hold the PS button until you no longer see any lights.
2. Next, you need to use another gamepad to turn on your PlayStation 5 and then head over to the console’s Settings menu.
From there, you need to select Settings > Accessories > General > Bluetooth Accessories.
3. On the DualSense Edge, press and hold both the PS button and Create button at the same time.
4. The DualSense Edge Wireless should show up in the Accessories Found section of the Bluetooth Accessories menu. Select it by using the other controller.
5. You should then see the following notification:
- “Do you want to register this Bluetooth accessory?”
Here, you need to select Yes with the other controller in order to pair the DualSense Edge to your PS5.
6. To start using the DualSense Edge on your PS5 once it has been paired, press the PS button on it.