When you turn on your Series S or Xbox Series S, you will see the animated Xbox logo appear on your television screen or monitor. This animation is accompanied by a sound effect. This audio can be unpleasant to hear and/or distracting to others as it is rather loud.
Thankfully, a recently console update added the ability to mute the startup sound when the Xbox logo appears. To see how you can use this feature, you can follow the steps laid out in this article from Seeking Tech.
1. Before anything else, make sure you updated your Series X or Series S console. As we stated above, the ability to disable the startup sound was just recently added via a new firmware.
In order to manually update, turn on your gaming system and then make sure you connect it to the Internet.
Afterwards, open the Settings menu on your console. If you can’t find Settings from the home screen, then you can press the Xbox button to bring up the guide menu. From there, scroll over to the Profile & System tab and then select Settings.
Inside of Settings, you need to first select System on the left column. Afterwards, you need to select Updates. The System – Updates menu will then let you know if there is a new console update available to download and install.
2. With the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S updated, head back to the Settings menu.
3. In the Settings menu, you first need to select General from the options available in the left column.
4. On the right side, you then need to select the Volume & Audio Output option.
5. You should now be in the General – Volume & Audio Output menu. Here, you need to select Additional Options underneath the Advanced column.
6. After getting to the General – Additional Options menu, make sure that the Mute Startup Sounds box underneath the Power & Startup section is checked. This should mute the sound effect when the Xbox boot up animation appears.
7. Once you are done, back out of the Settings menu.
The next time you turn on your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S from a cold boot, you should no longer hear the startup sound effect playing during the Xbox logo boot up animation.