When playing WWE 2K22 on your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S, the game may end up crashing frequently in a wrestling match, My Faction, MyGM, MyRise and/or Showcase.
To see how you can stop these freezes and lock ups from happening, you can take a look at this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech.
1. If your game is currently frozen, then you can try closing it by taking the following steps:
- Press the Xbox button on your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S controller. This should open the Guide menu.
- In the Guide menu, scroll over to the WWE 2K22 icon.
- With the wrestling game’s icon highlighted, press the Menu button on the controller, which should open the pop-up menu.
- In the pop-up menu for WWE 2K22, select Quit.
2. If your Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S isn’t responding to your button inputs, then the system may have completely frozen.
In this case, you can force the console to shut down by pressing and hold the Xbox button located directly on it for at least 30 seconds.
3. Your Xbox Series console could also be crashing due to the accumulation of heat when playing this wrestling game.
So, if the system feels hot when touched, then we recommend turning it off and waiting until it cools off before you try to play WWE 2K22 again.
For additional tips to see how you can prevent your Series X or Series S from overheating, then you can take a look at this article.
4. Trying to resume a suspended session by using the Quick Resume feature on your console may also cause issues with the videogame.
Therefore, every time you want to stop playing WWE 2K22, we recommend that save your game and then close it from the Guide menu.
To find out more about how you can avoid using the Quick Resume feature, you can check out this article.
5. If your game is currently in the Quick Resume queue, then you can remove it by taking the following steps:
- Press the Xbox button on your Xbox Series X or S controller.
- In the Guide menu, head over to My Games and Apps.
- In the next menu, scroll over to the WWE 2K22 icon in the Quick Resume section.
- With the game’s icon highlighted, press the Menu button.
- In the pop-up menu, select Remove from Quick Resume.
6. Along with WWE 2K22, you might also want to remove any other game in the Quick Resume queue.
7. The next step you can take is to try to clear the system cache.
In order to do so, you need to do the following:
- Turn your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S system completely off.
- With the gaming system turned off, unplug its power cord from the power outlet.
- Next, you simply need to wait for at least 2 minutes.
- After waiting, plug the power cord back into the power outlet.
- Turn on your system and then launch WWE 2K22.
8. Updating the firmware of your Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S may also improve the stability of the console when it comes to crashing.
To update the firmware, turn on your system and then make sure that it is connected to the Internet.
If you don’t see a notification regarding a new software version, then you can try doing the following:
- Press the Xbox button to open the Guide menu.
- In the Guide menu, switch over to the Profile & System tab by pressing the RB button several times.
- On the Profile & System tab, select Settings.
- Inside of Settings, select System in the left column and then Updates on the right side.
- In the System – Updates menu, you should see whether or not your Series X or Series S console needs a firmware update.
9. If the game is still crashing, then the next step you can try is to delete all of the community creations as these may be causing the software to corrupt.
We recommend that you avoid having any of these user created content downloaded to avoid crashes until the game gets a new patch to address this specific issue.
10. If the storage of the internal SSD or expansion SSD where you have WWE 2K22 installed gets too full, then that may end up causing various issues as well.
Therefore, we recommend deleting any game data files, screenshots and videos you have stored. You should leave around 25% of free space.
11. You can also try deleting and then re-installing the game again.
In order to delete the game, you need to take the following steps:
- Scroll over to the WWE 2K22 game icon from the home screen.
- With the game highlighted, press the Menu button.
- In the pop-up menu, select Manage Game and Add-ons.
- In the Manage – WWE 2K22 menu, select the game.
- In the next screen, make sure you select the game so that the note to the bottom right of the box display “Will Remove.”
- Afterwards, select Save Changes.
- To re-install the wrestling game, you need to re-insert the disc if you have a physical copy or download it from the Xbox Store if you bought the digital version.
12. You may also want to consider deleting your current save file to see if starting a new game will fix the freezing issues.
13. If none of the aforementioned solutions helped with fixing the crashing issues, then that is not much else you can do other than to wait for a new patch that may help address your problems.
To update the WWE 2K22 to the latest patch, you can try doing the following:
- Turn on your console and then make sure it is connected to the Internet.
- If you don’t get a notification about a new patch for WWE 2K22 being downloaded, then you can scroll over to the game on the home screen and then press the Menu button.
- In the pop-up menu, you then need to select Manage Game and Add-ons.
- In the Manage – WWE 2K22 menu, select Updates.
- If there is a new update available, you should be able to see it in the WWE 2K22 – Updates menu.