When using either the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3, you may notice that your phone may be getting hotter than anticipated.
If you are encountering overheating issues with either of these smartphones, then you can check out this troubleshooting guide at Seeking Tech.
What happens when the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 overheats?
Both the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 should send a warning when the phone reaches a temperature threshold. The massages will warn you about how the rising temperatures could lead to the failure of the device, skin damages, skin irritations and battery leakage.
Furthermore, your phone will automatically stop the battery from charging, close all apps in addition to limiting the screen brightness, performance speed and calls (although emergency calls will still be supported in this state).
If your phone continues to rise in temperature after the first message and the initial precautionary actions, then you will get a second warning. This time, your Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 will force itself to shut down in an attempt to drop its temperature.
If you are in an emergency call when you get the second warning message, your call won’t be disconnected due to the force shut down.
How to prevent your Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 from overheating
In order to prevent both the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 from overheating, you can try taking the following precautionary measures:
1. Avoid using or storing your phone in extremely cold or extremely hot temperatures.
2. You should also make sure not to use or store the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 in direct sunlight for an extended length of time.
3. Furthermore, you also avoid using or storing your phone in other extremely warm environments such as near heaters or inside a car with the windows rolled up during a hot day.
4. Don’t recharge your Samsung smartphone if the charging cable or charger is damaged.
5. Try not to use your phone when it is recharging.
6. You should also try limiting the number of apps, as well as other tasks, you have actively running on your phone.
How to fix overheating issues when recharging a Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3
If your Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 gets hot when you are using your smartphone at the same time its batteries are recharging, then this is normal for the most part.
If you feel like your phone is getting too hot to touch, then you can try taking the following steps:
1. Disconnect the charger from your Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 and then close any apps you have running on your phone. You might also want to consider completely turning off the phone. Once the device has cooled down, you can try recharging it again.
2. If you are using a wireless charger, make sure that there aren’t any foreign objects in between the phone and the charger.
3. If only the area near to the USB port of your phone feels hot, then the overheating may be caused by a damaged USB cable. If you feel like this is the case, you can try a different charging cable.
How to fix Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 overheating issues during normal use
In order to fix an overheating Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 during normal usage, you can try doing the following:
1. Close the apps that you have actively running on your phone, including those that operate in the background. The overheating issues could be related to a single app or a combination of apps.
2. You can try restarting your smartphone.
You may also want to consider shutting down your phone temporarily to cool it.
2. Disable any of the Wi-Fi, GPS and/or Bluetooth features that you aren’t currently using.
3. Lower the screen brightness.
4. Keep the firmware of your phone and the software versions of your apps updated.
If your Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 is still overheating after taking all of the aforementioned precautions and actions, then your smartphone may have a hardware issue. At this point, you should contact a Samsung Service Center.