When using the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3, then you may encounter issues with the touchscreen being inaccurate or unresponsive.
So, if you are experiencing these problems, then you can out this troubleshooting guide at Seeking Tech to find some potential fixes.
How to avoid damaging the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3 touchscreen
To avoid damaging the touchscreen of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, you can do the following:
1. While these two phones have an IPX8 waterproof rating, the touchscreens may not be function properly when used in water.
2. You should also avoid using either of these phones in a humid environment as it could cause issues to the touchscreen.
3. Furthermore, you should prevent the touchscreen of the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 from making contact with other electronics as the potential electrostatic discharges can damage the touchscreen.
4. Avoid using gloves as it could cause the screen to malfunction.
5. Wash your hands before using the touchscreen of your smartphone as well.
6. Avoid using sharp objects on the screen of the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3.
7. If you have long nails, you should also try not to apply any amount of excessive pressure when using the touchscreen.
8. The touchscreen of your Samsung smartphone may not work as intended if you have a screen protector or other accessories attached to it.
How to fix the inaccurate or unresponsive Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Fold 3 touchscreen
If you are still experiencing problems when using the touchscreen of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, then you can try the following fixes:
1. If you are getting unresponsive or inaccurate touchscreen inputs on the edges of the screen then it may be because you are touching outside of the input area.
So, if you are trying to tap a specific icon, image or link, you can try adjusting the viewing area so that your target is away from the edge of the screen.
2. If you are encountering these touchscreen input problems while using and recharging the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 at the same time, then the issues may be related to an unstable power supply.
In this case, we suggest unplugging the charger from the phone or simply let your phone full recharge before using the touchscreen.
3. If you are getting an unresponsive touchscreen when playing a videogame on the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3, then you may have touch protection enabled in the Game Booster setting.
To disable this feature, you can drag the lock icon in any direction.
4. The touchscreen issues could also be related to the software.
Therefore, we recommend closing the app, if you are using one, when the touchscreen is not responding correctly to your inputs.
Having multiple apps, including those that run passively in the background, running at the same time could also cause conflicts. Therefore, you may also want to consider closing all the apps to see if your touchscreen is functioning normally again.
You can then try to opening each app one at a time again to see when one of them is causing issues with the touchscreen of your phone.
5. You should keep the firmware of the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 updated to the latest version.
6. Furthermore, you should also make sure that the apps you have installed are up-to-date with the latest software versions.
7. You can also try restarting your phone to remove any temporary software glitches that may cause the touchscreen to work as intended.
To restart the Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Galaxy Z Fold 3 without using their touchscreen, you need to press and hold the Side key and Volume Down key simultaneously for at least 7 seconds.
If your touchscreen is still not functioning normally after taking the aforementioned actions, then it may be too scratched or damaged. To fix the hardware issues of your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 or Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, it is recommended that you go to a Samsung Service Centre.