When using your Samsung QN85B or QN90B Neo QLED television set, you may not hear any sound. To see how you can fix this issue, you can check out this troubleshooting guide from Seeking Tech.
1. The first step we recommend taking is to try changing the channel, watching another video or playing another game as the muted audio may be related to the content instead of your television screen.
2. If you have an external box, like a streaming box or game console, connected to your television set, then make sure that you didn’t accidentally mute the volume of these devices.
3. Of course, you should also make sure that you didn’t mute the sound of your QN85B or QN90B.
4. You can also try disconnecting and then reconnecting any video cables you have on your Samsung television set. When reconnecting, make sure that the connection is tight and secure.
5. You can try rebooting the connected device, as well as you television set, as doing so will reset the connection and potentially fix any temporary bugs that may have been causing the muted audio.
6. Furthermore, make sure that nothing is plugged into the headphone jack of your TV.
7. If you are using your QN85B or QN90B as a computer monitor, then make sure you set up the audio output settings of your computer correctly.
8. You should also check out the Sound Output settings of your Samsung television set to see if you have it set up correctly.
In order to do so, you need to press the home button on the remote controller and then head to Menu > Settings > All Settings > Sound > Sound Output.
9. If you are using the HDMI eARC, then we recommend that you try changing the Digital Output Audio Format to Pass-Through.
To find the menu, you need to press the home button on the remote controller and then select Menu > Settings > All Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Output Audio Format.
10. If your soundbar or A/V receiver supports HDMI eARC but not Dolby Digital+, then the sound will be muted.
In this case, you need to press the home button of the remote for your QN85B or QN90B and then go to Menu > Settings > All Settings > Sound > Expert Settings > Digital Output Audio Format. Afterwards, select Auto.
11. If you are still getting no sound when using your QN85B or QN90B after trying all of the aforementioned steps, then we recommend contacting Samsung for additional support.
If your television set isn’t turning on, then you can check out this article.