The Sony INZONE H9 comes with an ambient sound mode that makes it easier to hear external noises while also listening to the audio playback of the headset at the same time.
With this feature, you will be able to pay attention to your surrounding environment. This is helpful if you are need to be alerted for some sort of public announcement or need to be more cautious in situations (such as crossing a busy street).
If you are having problems trying to get this mode to work effectively, or at all, then you can take a look at this troubleshooting article from Seeking Tech.
1. To start off, make sure that you are enabling the ambient sound mode correctly. In order to do so, you need to take the following steps:
- Turn on the Sony INZONE H9 Wireless Noise Canceling Gaming Headset if you haven’t done so already. You can do so by pressing and holding the power button located on the right ear cup for 2 seconds on more. If done correctly, the left and right ring indicators should light up a blue or right light for around 5 seconds.
- With the headset turned on, you then need to press the NC/AMB button to switch to the ambient sound mode. You may need to press this button a few times to cycle trough the noise cancellation mode as well as the off mode before you get to the ambient sound mode.
- If done correctly, you should be able to hear a sound notification being played in the headset.
2. If you are able to set up the ambient sound mode correctly but you still aren’t able to clearly hear the external noises, then make sure that you are wearing your INZONE H9 correctly.
The headset should fit securely on the top of your head with the ear cups completely covering your ears.
3. You should also avoid covering the left and right ear cups as it may end up blocking out the ambient sound.
4. Using the ambient sound mode of the INZONE H9 is not effective when it comes to wind noises. In fact, this mode may amplify the wind noises in the headset.
In this case, you can turn off the Ambient Sound Mode. Alternatively, you can disable the voice focus by doing the following:
- Download and install the INZONE Hub on a computer.
- Open the INZONE Hub.
- Connect your INZONE H9 to the same computer.
- With the headset connected, you need to disable the voice focus setting.
5. You can also try turning down the volume of the audio playback to make sure that you are able to hear the ambient sound more clearly.
6. In some situations, the ambient sound mode may not work at all. In these cases, we recommend that you simply turn off the headset if you need to pay attention to the external noises.