Last Updated on 04/03/2023
You can use the live caption feature to get real-time captions on your Google Pixel 6a. To see how you can enable, customize and/or disable this function on your phone, you can take a look at this article from Seeking Tech.
How to turn on live captions on the Pixel 6a
In order to turn on the live caption feature of your Google Pixel 6a, you need to take the following steps:
1. Start by powering on the screen of your phone and then unlocking it.
2. Next, you need to head to the Settings App on your Pixel 6a.
3. From the Settings App, you then need to select the Accessibility menu.
4. Inside of the Accessibility menu, scroll down to the Captions section and then select Live Caption.
5. In the Live Caption menu, make sure that the Use Live Caption setting is turned on.
6. With live captions enabled, you can move the captions by touching, holding and then dragging the caption window. To increase the window size, you can also double tap it.
How to customize live captions on the Pixel 6a
In order to customize the live captions on your Google Pixel 6a, you need to do the following:
1. Open the Settings App and then go to the Accessibility menu.
2. In the Accessibility menu, you then need to head over to Live Caption.
3. From the Live Caption menu, you have the following customization options:
The Languages and Translations option will let you choose the Caption Languages. You can also translate the captions from one language to another.
With the Hide Profanity option, you can choose whether or not to show profanity in the captions. If you don’t, then any swear words will be replaced with asterisks.
With the Show Sound Labels setting, you can choose whether or not to show symbols that represents a sound when a song is playing, applause is heard, laughter is detected and other scenarios.
For the Caption Calls option, you can choose to enable or disable live captions during a call. You can set it to turn on automatically or for the feature to ask to be enabled every time you are making or receiving a call.
With the Type Responses During Calls option, your text responses will be read aloud to the other caller. You are also able to change the voice of these type of responses by selecting the Voice for Type Responses option in the Live Caption menu.
How to turn off live captions on the Pixel 6a
If you want to disable live captions for this phone, you need to take the following steps:
1 Start by going to the Settings App on your Google Pixel 6a.
2. In Settings, head to Accessibility and then Live Caption.
3. Once you get to the Live Caption menu, make sure that the Use Live Caption setting is disabled.