The Google Pixel 6a comes with Wi-Fi calling. To see how you can turn this feature on, as well as turn it off, you can take a look at this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
What is Wi-Fi calling on the Pixel 6a?
The Wi-Fi calling feature is helpful if you are stuck in an area with a weak cellular network signal. Instead of using the mobile network, your Google Pixel 6a will switch over to a Wi-Fi connection, if available, when it comes to calls and texts.
How to enable Wi-Fi calling on the Pixel 6a
In order to turn on the Wi-Fi calling feature on your Google Pixel 6a, then you need to take the following steps:
1. To start off, make sure you turn on the screen of your phone and then unlock it.
2. Next, you need to open the phone app.
3. Inside of the phone app, you then need to tap the More option. You can find it on the top right side of the screen as it represented by an icon that has three vertical dots.
4. In the small pop-up menu, you then need to select Settings.
5. Once you get inside the Settings menu of the phone app, you then need to select Calls from the list of available options.
6. From the Call Settings menu, you then need to select Wi-Fi Calling.
7. In the Wi-Fi Calling menu, make sure that the “Turn on Wi-Fi calling” setting is enabled.
8. To learn more about the Wi-Fi calling feature on your Pixel 6a, you can also select the “Learn more” option from the Wi-Fi Calling menu.
How to turn off Wi-Fi calling on the Pixel 6a
If you want to disable the Wi-Fi calling feature of your Google Pixel 6a, then you need to do the following:
1. To begin, go to the phone app.
2. From the front page of the phone app, tap the icon that has the three vertical dots.
3. Next, you need to tap Settings in the pop-up menu.
4. From the Settings menu, you then need to go to Calls.
5. After getting to the Call Settings menu, head over to Wi-Fi Calling.
6. Inside of the Wi-Fi Calling menu, make sure that the “Turn on Wi-Fi calling” setting is disabled.
7. After disabling this feature, the Wi-Fi Calling menu will refreshed, showing a message that says that the smartphone won’t be able to make or receive calls over a Wi-Fi connection.
To see how you can disable vibrations on the Google Pixel 6a, you can check out this guide.