When texting or typing on your Google Pixel 6a, you may make a lot of spelling mistakes or grammar errors. To see how you can customize the text correction feature for this smartphone, you can check out this tutorial from Seeking Tech.
How to turn on auto correct, spell check and grammar check for Pixel 6a
In order to turn on the auto correct, spell check, grammar check as well as other text correction features for your Google Pixel 6a, you need to take the following steps:
1. Start by turning on and unlocking the screen of your phone.
2. Next, you need to go to the Settings App on your Pixel 6a.
If you can’t find Settings, then you can swipe up from an empty space in the home screen. If done correctly, you should be able to bring up a list of installed applications on your phone. From this menu, you should be able find and then head into the Settings App.
You can also swipe down two times from the top of the screen to bring up the expanded Quick Settings menu. You can then select the gear icon to get into Settings.
3. From Settings, you need to select System from the list.
4. In the System menu, you then need to select the Languages & Input option.
5. Inside the Languages & Input, select the On-Screen Keyboard option.
6. After getting to the On-Screen Keyboard, select Gboard.
7. In the Settings menu of the Gboard, select Text Correction.
8. Once you get to the Test Correction menu, you will be able to turn on the following suggestion options:
- Show suggestion strip
- Next-word suggestions
- Block offensive words
- Suggests Contacts
- Smart Compose
When it comes to corrections, you can turn on the following correction options:
- Undo auto-correct on backspace
- Autospace after punctuation
- Double-space period
With auto-correction, the virtual keyboard will automatically correct any words while you are typing. If you think this feature is making a lot of mistakes, then you may want to enable the “Undo auto-correct on backspace” setting in the same menu so that you can easily remove the auto-correction.
As for spelling and grammar, you are able to enable the following:
- Spell check
- Grammar check
How to disable the auto correct, spell check and grammar check for Pixel 6a
If you want to turn off the auto correct, spell check, grammar check as well as any other text correction features for your Google Pixel 6a, then you need to do the following:
1. Start by going to the Settings App on your phone.
2. From the front page of Settings, you need to tap System.
3. In the System menu, you then need to tap Languages & Input.
4. From the Languages & Input menu, tap On-Screen Keyboard.
5. After opening the On-Screen Keyboard menu, tap Gboard.
6. Once you are inside the Settings menu of the Gboard, tap Text Correction.
7. In the Text Correction menu, make sure that you disable the auto correct, spell check, grammar check and other text correction settings.
To see how you can enable, customize and disable live captions for your Google Pixel 6a, you can check out this post.